Director of Finance and Resources
Robertson Bell are delighted to be working with a leading faith-based charity to search for a new Director of Finance and Resources to continue the incredible work they do.
Working alongside the CEO, you will be commercially focused and provide clear financial and commercial direction for the charity. You will be tasked with keeping ahead of all funding and legislative changes that apply to the sector and required to advise the Board of strategic financial information to enable them to make informed financial decisions. The Director of Finance and Resources will be responsible for leading work that includes the functions of accounts/finance, payroll, IT, procurement, the full complement of administrative support for the team, and some specialist support functions. The post will take the lead in financial planning and reporting, including statutory accounts, budget compilation and payroll provision as well as manage the treasury aspects and associated funds. Provide pre and post-investment appraisal for projects and capital expenditure while overseeing the financial elements of the projects.
* Must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA).
* Must have experience in a senior financial post in the public, private or charity sector with demonstrable post-qualification experience including preparation of financial plans, accounts and budgets, and monitoring financial performance.
* General understanding of accounting standards and legislation, budget processes, and audit procedures.
* Ability to manage people effectively, to coach and motivate them in their work.
* Exposure of an IT and Procurement function would be an advantage with the ability to solve problems and make decisions.
* They have an excellent defined benefit pension scheme offers an exceptional 24.1% employer contribution.