Head of Corporate Partnerships
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
• providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
• providing advice through our help lines and web sites
• campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
Due to an internal promotion of the previous post holder, the role of Head of Corporate Partnerships has become available for an outstanding individual who wants to define their career in the charity sector, by leading a department who will create the next generation of sector-leading corporate partnerships.
Mencap has recently acquired a number of corporate partnerships, including PageGroup, who are helping people with a learning disability into employment and one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, who will be enabling independent living through the use of technology in the home.
Feeding directly into the Director of Fundraising, you will be someone who always goes the extra mile and inspires their team to do the same. You will have the confidence and experience to know what good looks like and ensure it is delivered.
Ideally the successful candidate will come from a new business/business development background in the charity sector, you will have proven success in acquiring six and seven-figure sum strategic, commercial and COTY partnerships.
You will be defining and implementing the Corporate Partnerships department strategy, whose ethos is ‘partnerships that just make sense’. This entails creating relationships with companies whose operations, CSR strategy or marketing aligns with an area of the Mencap strategy. The kind of partnerships you look at and it is immediately clear why the two organisations are working together.
We care about our staff and want to support them to be the best they can be. During your time at Mencap you will be developed into a leader who inspires colleagues and external audiences, is respected in the sector and who simply gets the job done.
Most importantly, the partnerships that you create and grow will ensure Mencap can deliver the services that empower people with a learning disability to live in a world where they are valued equally, listened to and included.
If you feel you are the very best person for this role, we would love to see your application! Please click apply and upload your CV and cover letter.
If you have any further questions about this role, please get in touch – Alesha.email@example.com 01733 246699.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
Our leadership way
Strong leadership is key to the success of our services. We have developed an exciting leadership approach at Mencap that we call Our Leadership Way. We want to recruit leaders who can demonstrate they have the potential to excel within this framework. In return we are committed to developing your potential even further.
Our Chief Executive, Jan Tregelles, has this to say about Our Leadership Way.
“Through your leadership, you have influence over whether someone’s day at work is interesting and inspiring or, conversely, boring and indifferent. Your actions (or inaction) can develop someone in to an asset for Mencap and the people we support or a liability. Your leadership can challenge the powerful people or systems that get in the way of people having fair chances, or it can shy away from confrontation. Leadership is powerful –for good and worse, and that’s why this is so important.
We’re all here for the same reason – to change the lives of people with a learning disability.
Our big plan sets out exactly how we are going to do this. But if we’re going to succeed, we need strong leaders. For more information, please see the attached document which provides an overview of Our Leadership Way.”
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock/Your Leadership Rocks program.
How to apply?
Please attach your CV and a covering letter and click the apply button.
*T&C's apply based on contract