Care Services Director
Job Title: Care Services Director
Employer: Ben (Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund)
Salary: Circa £85,000
Hours: Full time/ permanent
Location: Ascot, Berkshire
We are working in partnership with Ben (Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund), an independent charity, whose purpose is to provide support for life to the people of the automotive industry and their family dependents, through a range of health and wellbeing services.
Ben delivers on its charitable purpose of providing ‘support for life’ by focusing its operations on two core areas:
- Health & wellbeing support services for those working in – or worked in – the automotive industry and their family dependents, through a range of free and confidential information, advice, guidance & support services, delivered in the workplace, online and via a dedicated national helpline and network of client support advisors.
- High-quality care services for those in later life, including nursing & social care services delivered at its excellent residential care centres in Ascot, Rugby and Berwick-upon-Tweed and a day centre in Coventry as well as flexible continuing care options, to meet the requirements of residents of Lynwood Village, its award winning retirement village near Ascot, Berkshire.
Ben provides specialist support to people living with dementia but also offers intermediate care space, providing respite/enablement and rehabilitation at its care centre in Ascot, Berkshire. Ben offers priority support to those with an automotive industry connection, through subsidised care placements in its 3 residential centres, subject to eligibility requirements. Through also offering care placements to the wider public, Ben is also able to deliver broader social impact and generate necessary funding for the research and development of new care services.
Ben creates strong and lasting bonds with those it helps, those who support Ben and everyone within the organisation. Ben is committed to and passionate about providing support for life and making positive differences to people’s lives.
Ben is therefore seeking to appoint a Care Services Director to work with the Chief Executive and the Exec team to provide effective strategic leadership for its Care Services, enabling the modernisation of its operating models and ways of working.
This is an excellent opportunity for an exceptional individual to join the Exec Team and to drive transformational change across Ben’s Care Services. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A proven track record in organisational leadership in the health and social care sector, with an emphasis on leading change and organisational improvements, involving the effective management of people, systems and policies.
- A commercial understanding of effective care service delivery and operating efficiency whilst ensuring positive outcomes.
- Ability to think and act strategically and to articulate a clear sense of direction and vision to various audiences in order to translate ideas into tangible positive results.
- Proven leadership and ambassadorial skills with an ability to demonstrate a flexible leadership style.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve the desired outcome for Care Services.
- Commitment and passion for person-centred social care services and customer service excellence, with the ability to embed this organisation’s values and ethos at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of setting and contributing to strategy and effective financial planning and management of financial resources.
- Highly developed negotiating and influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes for colleagues, customers and the organisation
We are seeking a commercially driven and highly effective individual with sound judgement and personal integrity. You will have a strategic and collaborative approach and a solid understanding of clinical governance principles and good practice. Alongside strong business acumen, you will demonstrate expertise in growing existing services and developing new markets for service provision. As a person, you will show flexibility, credibility, resilience and a commitment to champion diversity in both employment and service delivery.
We would welcome applications from candidates with the drive and passion to succeed in this role.
For any further information, please contact Jenny Warner, Managing Director of Charisma on
0207 998 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1485.
Closing date for applications: 18 March 2018
1st Interview date: 10 / 11 April 2018
2nd Interview date: w/c 16 April 2018