Head of Services
Head of Services LinkAble
Full time Salary £30,000 pa
37.5 hours per week
LinkAble is a small charity providing a wide range of social and recreational activities for children and adults with a broad range of learning disabilities. Based in a purpose built building near Woking town centre, the Charity has been established for more than 25 years and works with over 300 service users, encouraging them to achieve their maximum potential and to become part of their community.
We are now seeking an exceptional candidate to join our organisation in this newly created, key operational role. As an enthusiastic and proactive Head of Services, you will work with the CEO and trustees to develop the future strategy of the charity. With overall responsibility for all aspects of LinkAble’s services and with personal accountability for service targets, you will manage a small team, delivering current planned activities and developing new opportunities to grow our service offering. This exciting role will enable you to make a real impact on the lives of children and adults with learning disabilities in Woking and Surrey Heath.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to LinkAble’s strategic planning process.
- Developing and delivering innovative and engaging activities and plans.
- Ensuring the safety, quality, compliance and financial viability of LinkAble’s services.
- Leading and motivating your team to ensure a positive culture of continuous improvement.
Applicants should have:
- Strong leadership skills with the drive to inspire others
- The ability to deliver business targets, with a focus on the growth and development of services.
- Sound financial understanding and experience of budget management.
- A proven track record in team leadership including recruitment and employee development.
- A thorough knowledge of best practise related to the application of Health & Safety legislation and to the principles of Safeguarding and Ofsted requirements.
- Experience of working in the charity sector with people with learning disabilities or a related environment.
- A Degree, management qualification or equivalent through relevant experience.
Candidates should note that occasional weekend/evening working is essential in this role.
Complete the application form and provide a supporting statement (maximum two sides of A4) highlighting your relevant experience and skills in relation to the role.
Applications can be submitted by email to Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Alison Keeley, LinkAble, The Link, 2 Board School Road, Woking GU21 5HE.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact LinkAble’s CEO, Alison Keeley on 01483 770057.
The closing date for applications is Monday 9th April 2018.