Born Free, the internationally renowned animal welfare and wildlife conservation organisation, is seeking to recruit an Enterprise Manager, based at our Head Office in Horsham, West Sussex.
Working as part of a busy and dynamic team, this is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing international wildlife charities, with a recognised and high profile media presence. Born Free is dedicated to stop animal suffering and to conserve animals in the wild; it has a wide portfolio of projects dealing with some of the worlds most endangered species.
We are looking for a successful and motivated individual who has relevant experience in delivering new corporate opportunities, developing product areas and targeting emerging markets to ensure that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved
The successful candidate will be a good and enthusiastic team player with well-developed people skills, and the ability to direct the delivery of a coordinated approach to all aspects of Born Free’s commercial and income-generating activities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- To deliver the corporate development strategy, designed to increase income to Born Free and to maximise reciprocated value to both the charity and the partnership;
- To proactively target and communicate with new corporate partners.
- To understand corporate objectives such that partnership proposals are adapted on a bespoke basis to meet the business objectives of both Born Free and the potential corporate partner.
- To achieve an agreed income target through the development of a portfolio of new corporate and commercial partners and the active management of existing corporate partners.
- To clearly and effectively interpret and communicate Born Free’s animal welfare and wildlife conservation priorities, positions and policies to major corporate donors and decision-makers;
- Promote Born Free’s mission, objectives, and Compassionate Conservation philosophy.
- Proven ability for driving corporate income to achieve agreed financial targets;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills and the ability to build strong external relationships to drive corporate income generation;
- Ability to undertake market research and analysis and produce business cases (including all associated costs and forecasted revenue for the business), to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimised;
- Excellent and proven negotiating and influencing skills;
- Ability to influence at Board level, both internally and externally;
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating excellent commercial acumen and time management;
- Proficiency with Microsoft computer packages, and an ability to work with and interrogate databases and spreadsheets;
- Ability to prioritise work and manage time and projects effectively;
- Degree level qualification preferred but not essential
The minimum remuneration for this position is £38,000.00 plus 20 days holiday. Applicants must be UK residents or be legally permitted to work in the UK; Born Free is an equal opportunities employer.
Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter should be forwarded to:
The Operations Manager
Broadlands Business Campus
The closing date for applications is 12th April 2018.
Apply for Enterprise Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly