Support worker at Worcester Day Centre for homeless people
APPLICATION FORM ATTACHED - PLEASE RESPOND BY EMAIL TO email@example.com
DO NOT SEND CV'S - CLOSE OF APPLICATION 4 APRIL 2018 AT 5PM.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To ensure the smooth running of the day centre in a non-judgemental manner without making assumptions about the client.
- promoting a settled way of life for the service users which is proactive, responsive and flexible. This will include working collaboratively with relevant agencies such as WHIT to deliver the best quality of service for the client tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Work towards service users’ goals through professional befriending, advice and support
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To complete all relevant paperwork with all service users and to work with service user to progress. All support packages will be tailored to individual needs.
- Help those identified service users who are motivated to make positive changes to their lives
- Participate in preparing detailed support plans for those ready to make positive changes in their lives.
- Assess the individual needs of the service users and set mutually agreed SMART goals, which will be reviewed regularly
- Assist service users to meet identified personal health, hygiene and care needs and address dependency problems etc e.g. by referral to G.P.s health, social services and voluntary sector agencies. Work with relevant agencies to help service users achieve these goals
- Actively encourage service users to engage in positive purposeful activities via the activity centre and encourage team working and relationship building, through positive social interaction
- Encourage service users to access state benefits, including referral to specialist agencies, and assistance to fill out any relevant forms
- Work with clients using person centred individually tailored support programme that is reviewed regularly
- Helping clients to find temporary accomodation eg a hostel or B and B, or if no local connection to reconnect back to their area
- Helping make housing applications and access state benefits, or helping with any other area that the client may need assistance with to achieve agreed specific goals
- Supporting service users to address their self-harming behaviour by e.g. drawing attention to cause and effect without in any way disempowering or demeaning them
- Assisting with the provision of meals and hot drinks using mealtimes as an opportunity to encourage service users to relate to staff and other service users
- Assisting in keeping the centre and gardens in a clean and tidy condition, including cleaning the day centre at the end of the day
Membership of the Staff Team
Work as a member of the staff team, attend staff meetings and through discussion, contribute to the running and development of the service as a whole.
Service User Meetings
Attending service user meetings and contributing to the consultation and communication within the service as a whole.
All staff will be allocated a yearly training budget (this budget will be set pro rata).
Assist the Manager to identify one’s own training needs and to discuss the allocation of your personal training budget. To attend training courses as requested.
Assist with induction other staff and volunteers as requested.