Head of Service Quality and Involvement
2 days left
- Contract Type
This role is a new position in a new department responsible for the development and quality of all Independent Age services. This post will be responsible and accountable for development and implementation of a service quality and involvement programme for all Independent Age Services including service evaluation, service quality, impact and outcome measurement, service research, co-production / user involvement, feedback and complaints to drive positive outcomes for the older people we support.
The post-holder will work within a team of 2 Heads of Department in the Service Development and Quality department and lead a small department of 2 staff with potential to increase posts if required.
The main duties are as follows:
- Leads the Service Quality and Involvement Department to support the development and delivery of high quality services that enable older people to stay independent, and live well with dignity, choice and control.
- Line manage staff including responsibility for recruitment and induction; learning and development; regular supervision; and effective performance management.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of a programme of quality and involvement activity working across all services including service evaluation, quality, outcome & impact measurement, co-production / user involvement.
- Ensure the effective commissioning and dissemination of service insight, evaluation and research activity working with colleagues in Research and Customer Insight & Strategy as required. Work collaboratively to ensure a coordinated approach to insight and evidence across IA.
- Leads on Complaints and Feedback for IA, coordinating responses and ensuring colleagues learn from feedback.
- Leads on reporting for the Services Directorate. Develops effective reporting and monitoring and tracks delivery highlighting issues and proposing mitigation. Support the development and monitoring of joint targets and KPI’s as required.
- Develops and maintains a benchmarked service cost framework to inform investment and resource decisions. Support the development of funded service packages and grant / gift terms and conditions.
- Develops and maintains effective systems to support all service evaluation, quality, outcomes and reporting, enabling and evidencing effective service delivery. Leads the process of identifying appropriate service quality standards and the assessment required.
- Leads on involvement and co-production activity. Ensures older people are involved in the development, design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of all services.
- Supports service evidence and case study development working with teams including Influencing, Media and PR, Communications and Fundraising.
- Represent IA externally as required.
- Work as part of the Services Directorate senior management team and lead on strategic initiatives as required. To work flexibly with the ability to operate and lead staff in matrix working (e.g. cross functional teams, virtual teams etc.).
- Support the work of colleagues across the organisation including supporting strategic goals and other cross directorate objectives required.
- To observe and comply with all Independent Age Policies, including the key policies and procedures on Confidentiality, Data Protection, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Information Technology Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake specific safety responsibilities relevant to individual roles.
- Some requirement to travel which may involve overnight stays.
- Other responsibilities appropriate to an appointment at this level.
Closing date: Monday 19th March 2018
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 21st March 2018
Interviews: w/c: 2nd April 2018
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and so the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Independent Age is committed to equality of opportunity and of eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in its Equal Opportunities Policy and all other relevant guidance/practice frameworks.
Apply for Head of Service Quality and Involvement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly