Salary Details: Scale point BS 26 - 29 / 30 - 33 (£25,242 - £27,801) (£28,668 - £31,170)
Job Term: Permanent
Appointment Type: Full-time
Directorate: Achieving For Children
About the role
This is a good opportunity for a self-motivated individual to gain experience in all aspects of a centralised finance function. It would ideally suit someone who is keen to develop a career in finance and who enjoys working as part of a busy team.
As a Finance Officer for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for
- Assist with the distribution of budgets including the annual school and high needs budget allocations, and the operation of the Authority's funding formula
- Assist with the recoupment of funding for out of borough pupils placed within AfC borough schools and the verification of amounts owed for AfC children placed in out of borough school
- Support the Management Accountants in providing support, advice and training to Governors, Headteachers and School Finance/Admin Officers on issues relating to schools financial management;
We have been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children's services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education's eight 'Partners in Practice', tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be Finance Support Officer for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- Experience of working within a busy finance team and managing a mixed workload of regular, monthly and annual tasks
- Experience of communicating with a wide variety of people both verbally, in writing and via e-mail and can demonstrate a strong understanding of customer care
- Experience of resolving financial administration queries.
In return, we will offer you support and development opportunities. Our learning and development offer was highlighted as a key strength by the judging panel when they named us Social Work Employer of the Year in 2016. If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Collette Carter, email@example.com for an informal discussion.
Benefits of working for Achieving for Children
As a social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Kingston, Richmond and Windsor & Maidenhead), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. A range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to;
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support , including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
You will find out more about our organisation at https://www.achievingforchildren.org.uk
How to apply
You will then need to complete the online application, adding a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria outlined the role profile. Some of our positions require CV only.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. However, should you not declare an offence that is subsequently revealed, e.g. through the DBS check, then this may place your appointment in jeopardy.
Closing Date: 16/03/2018
Provisional Interview Date (s) : 26/03/2018 & 27/03/2018