Our client is the leading UK stroke charity. They have been leading the fight against stroke for over 20 years. They influence and campaign to improve stroke care and support people to make the best possible recovery.
This is a very exciting time for their charity and they hope you will join them on their journey. They believe in a world where there are fewer strokes and all those touched by stroke get the help they need.
They fund world-class research to develop new treatments and ways to prevent the devastation of stroke. Breakthroughs in treatment have halved the number of people dying from stroke in the UK but it is still the second biggest killer in the world. That is why they are involved in projects across the globe.
Join them and together you can conquer stroke.
Position: Philanthropy Manager (Trusts)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: circa £34,000 per annum (Inner London Weighting)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. Life Assurance. Pro rata. Can promise a fast-paced, flexible and fun work environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork, and personal and skills development.
Closing Date: 21 March 2018
Interview Date: 26 March 2018
About the role:
This is a very exciting time to join them and this post presents an ambitious trust fundraiser with a real opportunity to make their mark. Under the leadership of their CEO and new Executive Director of Income Generation they are now developing a new strategy for doubling income from voluntary fundraising. This will focus on long term partnerships and sustained support from key stakeholders.
They are preparing a new five year organisational strategy which will set out a vision for conquering the devastating human consequences of stroke. Senior volunteers and donors will play a critical role supporting the creation and delivery of their new goals. Your role will be to nurture supporter relationships (predominantly with grant making trusts and foundations) to support the development of financing their new plans.
- Raise income in line with agreed personal and team fundraising targets
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with donors in individual portfolio
- Identify and cultivate new relationship opportunities to secure income
- Work in partnership with internal colleagues to develop and prepare well-written applications and reports for core and project funding
- Recording of all data relating to individual donors in individual portfolio, including reporting and analysis
- Contribute to organisation of, and host existing and potential donors at events
- External networking to gather insight and enhance the reputation of our department
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent or relevant demonstrable industry experience desirable
- Experience of trust fundraising for a charitable organisation
- Proven track record of securing five-figure gifts
- Experience of building and developing effective donor relationships
- Experience of developing compelling cases for support
- Experience of using bespoke or generic databases desirable
- Experience of using technology and IT systems
You may have experience of the following: Philanthropy Manager, Fundraising Manager, Fundraiser, Senior Fundraising Officer, Senior Fundraising Executive, Business Development Manager, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.