Training and Development Manager
Training and Development Manager (volunteers)
Circa £24,000 to £28,000 per annum
Up to 12 months fixed term
The IET is seeking a professional individual to join our volunteer Registration and Standards (R&S) support team. You will take the lead on guiding volunteers through their learning and development programmes, managing relevant promotional materials and website content, as well as providing guidance to staff and members.
This role is known internally as ‘R&S Volunteer Learning and Development Manager’.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a professional approach to building relationships. You will have experience in managing training programmes from planning to delivery, with excellent and proven customer service skills. Previous experience of working within a membership or professional body would be desirable, but this is not essential.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisation, administration and time management skills, along with excellent IT skills (including MS Office) and a confident and engaging presentation style. Experience working with and supporting volunteers would also be advantageous. Many of the training sessions will be delivered in London.
The R&S Volunteer Learning and Development Manager will be joining a strong, customer focussed team who all have different strengths and support one another. You will be team player with a positive can-do approach, being reactive in solving problems and proactive in spotting potential difficulties before they arise.
Please send in your application as soon as you are ready - we are actively recruiting and may draw the role to close when suitable applications are received. We look forward to hearing from you soon! Ideally you will be able to start in April.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- To ensure that procedures and practices are consistent with the current regulatory framework, advising and providing training on this as required (training on IET procedures and practices will be provided).
- To ensure an appropriate suite of case study material for the training of registration volunteers, to ensure it meets Equality & Diversity, Bribery and data protection requirements and that learning is consistent with relevant procedures and guidance.
- To identify appropriate contacts and other sources of information to develop and maintain knowledge of legislation, guidance and best practice.
- To provide support in the production of content for information sharing, publicity and marketing collateral for campaigns to promote Professional Registration.
- Manage for the development of training content for the dissemination of learning to staff and registration volunteers in relation to Registration and Standards and Fellows
- To develop and maintain departmental training plans to ensure continuous development and refreshing training of Registration & Standards personnel.
- Provide support for induction training of new team members within Registration & Standards.
- To manage account/training requirements on behalf of the Membership and Professional Development directorate.
- To ensure that the Registration Procedures and related Work Instructions reflect current working practice and current legislation and any official guidance
- To work with Professional Registration Managers and IT Support Services to support the development of registration content for the IET website.
- Maintain a retrievable record of earlier procedures documentation.
- To manage the implementation and training of appropriate changes in electronic working e.g. attachments on the web forum to ensure compliance with data protection legislation.
- To develop projects and business plans in own area of responsibility. To be responsible for evaluating the impact of all project proposals affecting the department.
- To work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. To contribute to the management of the budget for area of responsibility.
- Graduate or equivalent, with demonstrable relevant work experience
- Previous Training experience
- Ability to develop and present learning and development interventions in compelling and engaging ways
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including confidence in dealing with people at all levels, especially Member Volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify issues that indicate the need for review and update and formulate proposals for this work to take place.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workloads with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service awareness and knowledge
- Good IT skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Email and some database experience
- A strong team player with a very flexible approach
- Willingness to travel within the UK as required
- Knowledge of Engineering Council requirements and standards for professional and Fellow registration.
- Knowledge of UK and international educational systems
- Knowledge of legislation affecting registration activities
- Previous experience of Sharepoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge and experience of project management/Prince2