Data Research and Analysis Manager
The Silver Line is a relatively new, ambitious charity with a ‘big’ charity outlook. Approaching its fifth anniversary, it has the ex Chair of Samaritans as its CEO (who was awarded an OBE this year), and a Director of Fundraising from Save the Children. It was started by Dame Esther Rantzen, who also founded the highly successful charity Childline and also has support the Duchess of Cornwall, who last year agreed to become Patron, and other ambassadors. It has some heavy weight funders involved and it’s very much an exciting time to be joining the team.
The Silver Line is the UK’s only free, confidential, 24-hour helpline for vulnerable and isolated older people available every day and night of the year. 90% of callers live alone, 51% of callers say they have no one else to speak to, 36% of callers are men, a traditionally hard to reach group and the percentage of callers aged over 90 is almost twice the proportion in the UK population, uncovering an epidemic of loneliness amongst the UK’s older population, which can lead to poor physical as well as mental health. Since launching nationally in November 2013 it has received almost 1.5m calls to its helpline office with a staff of 170, and the number of calls continues to rise. It has also recruited and trained over 4000 volunteers as Silver Line Friends who make weekly calls to older people, or exchange a letter.
In driving its growth, the charity would like to help significantly more people, striving to be as responsive and innovative as possible to achieve its mission.
For this reason we are looking now for a new team member to take responsibility for collecting, managing and analysing differing data sets - central to how we improve outcomes to drive forward the organisation, from across the whole organisation. Data will be both qualitative and quantitative and will include be extremely varied, including everything from the demographics of those who use our services, and what they think of it, to cost benefit analysis, brand awareness and KPIs around fundraising.
You’ll love the sense of collaboration which comes with working in a such a friendly and committed team, and the chance to have new experiences and shape the future of the charity, its brand and its impact.
We are looking for a confident, highly motivated individual with significant experience of data analysis, database solutions and/or Salesforce of other CRM system.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
We are particularly looking for:
- A high level of competency using management information systems along with experience of setting up data collection and reporting mechanisms.
- Degree educated with strong IT skills and proven ability to interpret, analyse, present and draw meaningful conclusions from high volumes of data.
- A strong understanding and experience of monitoring and evaluation, both in terms of how to measure outcomes and impact and how to monitor outputs and ensure accountability.
- Demonstrable experience of developing research methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience of creating and developing indicators for impacts of data and project evaluation.
- Experience of identifying trends and conducting evaluation which will enhance future operations and evidence value.
- Effective time management skills. Ability to multi task and work effectively under pressure, managing changing priorities whilst maintaining excellent and scrupulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for the not for profit sector.
The deadline for this position is rolling, and we are reviewing applications as we receive them. Please don’t hesitate to send your CV as soon as you are ready.
If you would like to have a chat to find out more about the team or have questions about how this role might fit into your career plans, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Charlotte Wilmot, Director, Eardley Wilmot, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Data Research and Analysis Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Fundraising Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Graduate & Trainee Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- IT & Web Development Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Policy & Research Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Community Fundraising Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Greater)