Senior Policy and Advocacy Officer
Morgan Hunt are currently working on an exciting new vacancy, Senior Policy and Advocacy Officer to work for a leading International Development organisation. This is a 12 month FTC opportunity with a salary of c£35,000.
Our client is looking for some with a background in health and social care and meets the following criteria:
* Lead and take ownership of key projects and workstreams in the health and social care team, developing policy expertise and designing and delivering strategies for successful advocacy
* Deputise for the senior policy and advocacy manager when appropriate.
* Drafting policy briefings and positions; reports; internal and external communications; responses to government consultations etc
* Develop an excellent working knowledge of our services and use information and evidence from our services to inform policy and advocacy on health and social care and crisis response.
* Work with the policy research team to identify, carry out and commission new research as required to support policy and advocacy priorities
* Support strategic stakeholder engagement to allow us to influence as effectively as possible across the UK.
* Experience using advocacy related to one or more of the policy areas of relevance
* Experience of providing strategic and tactical political and/or policy advice, including to senior management.
* Ability to work diplomatically and professionally when working with external stakeholders.
* Knowledge of the health and social care landscape
If you would like to be considered please respond ASAP! Deadline is 28th February
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.