Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
The Faculty of Occupational Medicine
Greenwich, South East London
Salary £70,000–£75,000 pa
This is an exciting time for the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM), following a move of premises to Greenwich and the creation of a new facility, the Education Centre for Occupational Health (OH), which will offer a significant range of new opportunities across the OH landscape.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who can maximise this opportunity by working closely with the Board to redefine the strategy, adding real value for our membership and successfully delivering a range of initiatives, while keeping operations functioning effectively. A ‘results driven attitude’ and strong relationship management skills are key while leading a small and high performing team.
It is important to emphasise that FOM is a membership organisation.
FOM is a faculty within the Royal College of Physicians of London, but operates independently in the conduct and management of its administration and finances. FOM sets professional standards for occupational physicians and, through a variety of activities, influences the quality of occupational health practice within the United Kingdom.
FOM defines the curriculum for the training of practitioners in occupational medicine, training posts in the NHS, industry and the military, oversees the progress of doctors in training and conducts examinations for the profession. FOM provides assistance to external bodies in the conduct of specialist research activities and advises the government and the profession on all occupational health matters.
How to apply
- Before you apply for this role, please download and read the accompanying recruitment pack
- For an informal discussion about this role or more information please contact email@example.com
- Please send your CV and letter of application, explaining why you are interested in this post, your suitability for the position and how you feel you can support the ethos and values of FOM to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th March 2018
- Please supply the contact details of 2 referees (one should be your current line manager). We will not approach referees without your prior agreement
- Please also indicate your notice period for your current role
- Interviews and related exercises will take place on Tuesday 27th March 2018 in Greenwich
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 16th MARCH 2018
INTERVIEWS: TUESDAY 27th MARCH 2018