Head of Fundraising
Job title: Head of Fundraising
Salary: c. £70,000
Location: London (with international travel)
Hours: Full time
We are working in partnership with a sailing charity seeking to appoint a Head of Fundraising.
This is a rare opportunity for an exceptional fundraiser to join this organisation at an exciting time and make a real mark within the sector. With a proven track record of securing major gifts from individuals, corporates and trusts and foundations, the successful candidate will be strategic, a self-starter and a natural communicator. This is a brand new role within this newly established charity and the successful candidate will be instrumental in devising and delivering the fundraising strategy, working closely with the COO, the CEO, and the Board of Trustees.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- At least 5 years’ experience of fundraising relationships, with a proven track record of securing major gifts from high level individuals and/or organisations
- Knowledge and understanding of philanthropic motivations and a fine-tuned ability to identify and exploit new opportunities
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- A collaborative approach and the ability to work proactively with other teams
- Financial acumen
- Proven track record in demonstrating initiative and creativity
- The ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise conflicting workloads in order to meet deadlines, both in the office and while travelling
- A professional or personal interest in sailing, sport and/ or sustainability
Our client is seeking a standout individual with an impressive track record in fundraising. You will be autonomous and driven, have exceptional communication skills and be happy to work outside normal office hours and travel internationally for this role.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JO1495.
Closing date for applications: ASAP
Interview date: TBC