Senior Homeless Assessment Worker
Senior Homeless Assessment & Resettlement Worker
We are working in partnership with a leading homelessness Charity to recruit a Senior Homeless Assessment & Resettlement Worker to work in a busy homeless assessment centre. Due to a recent restructure, a position has become available to support a team of Assessment Workers in the assessment and resettlement of homeless clients with high support needs referred by Street Outreach Teams.
Candidates for the position of Senior Homeless Assessment & Resettlement Worker will need:
- Extensive housing knowledge and knowledge of the entitlement homeless clients have under different housing laws/ acts
- Experience of working with the homeless
- Experience of working in a homeless assessment capacity
- Resettlement experience and knowledge of housing options
- DBS issued within the last 12 months and / or registered to the update service
Responsibilities of the Senior Homeless Assessment & Resettlement Worker include:
- Supporting staff and offering advice and guidance on housing and resettlement related issues to 4 Assessment & Reconnection Workers
- Overseeing the casework delivery for 20 clients within the hostel
- Identifying and delivering training in areas where the team may lack knowledge or experience
- Conducting needs and risk assessments and putting in place support plans
- Presenting clients with resettlement options
- Assisting clients to obtain their welfare, housing and related rights
- Referring clients on to relevant specialist support agencies for their needs
- Accurate recording of data into CHAIN
- Liaising with external agencies on behalf of clients
If you are interested in this position please apply ASAP!
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.