Head of Department (Donor Request Management)
A leading UK blood cancer charity is currently seeking a Head of Department to oversee their Donor Request Management team. This is a full time and permanent position which consists of three fundamental stages - confirmatory typing, workup and follow up. The role of the department is to liaise with and provide end-to-end support to donors of the charity who have been identified as a potential stem cell match for patients.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- To oversee all operational details of the stem cell and bone marrow donation process including efficient management of donor and partner data;
- To cultivate and manage relationships with all relevant donor partners - such as collection centres and couriers- as well as with patient partners such as hospitals and transplant centres;
- manager and oversee the departmental budget and exercise prudent expenditure;
- To produce analysis reports on performance against overall budgets and KPI's and producing recommendations for corrective action as appropriate;
- To motivate, lead of develop staff in the Department to enable high levels of performance as well as a productive and collaborative working culture.
- Qualified to degree level with significant experience in a comparable role (preferably in health care management or a related area);
- Knowledge of medical terminology and case-note documentation;
- Direct line management experience with a strong interpersonal management style.
These lists are not exhaustive and the complete list of requirements for the post can be obtained after sending a CV and covering letter to the recruitment consultant.