A Communications Manager is needed for the Academy of Social Sciences and its Campaign for Social Science.
You’ll be managing the Academy and Campaign’s communications, making sure we’re heard with a clear, consistent voice. We’re growing and this exciting role has huge potential. Working with our friendly team and Board, you’ll design and carry out our communications strategy, including:
- Pro-actively manage media profile and presence, identifying opportunities for engagement and designing communications plans
- Draft and pitch press releases, op-eds, and web content
- Day to day management of communications channels, including website updates and multiple social media accounts (twitter, facebook, youtube)
- Work with policy team on public comments, as well as summarising research and publications for public dissemination
- Help organise and manage events, including logistics, marketing and press around launches and lectures in Westminster and at Academy offices
- Assist in project managing, editing, and pitching larger-scale publication projects such as our Making the Case series and flagship reports such the Health of People
- Support public affairs engagement, including communicating effectively across wide range of audiences, as well as managing and building relationships with journalists and others to promote Academy and Campaign work
- Act as editor of Newsfocus blog, commissioning and editing articles from researchers and experts on topical social science issues
- Lead on audio-visual materials, including producing videos, photos, podcasts of events and other Academy activities
- Oversee postal and electronic mailouts
- Strong communicator with excellent command of spoken and written English
- Strong project management skills
- Close attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strategic thinker
- An interest in social science
- IT and social media literate
- Web editing skills in WordPress CMS
- Event management
- The Higher Education sector, particularly Higher Education policy
- Audio/video editing and production
- A good class degree in one of the social sciences
About the Academy and Campaign
The Academy of Social Sciences is the national academy of academics, learned societies and practitioners in the social sciences. Its Campaign for Social Science was founded by the Academy in 2011 to promote social science in public, press and parliament.
If you have any questions about the role, please get in touch with Andrew Muckle, Senior Operations Manager, on email@example.com.
Hours: 4 days a week
Salary: £35,000pa pro rata (£28,000pa for four days a week)
Location: City of London EC2A. Some flexibility.
To apply: please forward your CV, with a formal covering letter explaining what you’ll bring to the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3rd April 2018