PART TIME CHARITY OFFICE/MEDIA ASSISTANT
Wanted! A hard worker to join the Mouth Cancer Foundation on a part time basis 2- 3 days a week from 0930 until 1600. Very occasional weekend work involved. Must be proactive, computer literate with excellent attention to detail and have the ability to confidently call dental practices to network and open up fundraising opportunities. The job involves all aspects of office admin and banking duties. Assist with the charity’s social media posts, website updates, mass mail outs and online newsletters. Be prepared to turn to anything, from making coffee, answering the phone, to stuffing envelopes and going on errands. So if you are enthusiastic, confident, fun and engaging then we want to hear from you. This position will start as soon as possible.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Mouth Cancer Foundation is a small charity the scope of work varies from day to day. The main duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
- Assist with the day to day running of the Mouth Cancer Foundation.
- Answering the telephone in a good manner and take clear messages.
- Responding to all enquiries.
- Filing and typing correspondence.
- Preparing marketing materials/packages for post.
- Going to the post office.
- Data entry.
- Booking any travel for conferences and events.
- Ordering stationary.
- Set up charity newsletter on mail chimp.
- Responsibility for mass mail outs.
- Maintain contact with support groups.
- Provide project specific support as required. Eg: Mouth Cancer 10 KM Awareness Walk, Bite Back at Mouth Cancer and Support Group Awards.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and events as required.
- Update the website as required with news stories and basic text changes.
- Posts on social media.
- Keeping track of charity stock.
- Maintaining databases ensuring they are accurate and up to date.
- Handling donations and cheques.
- Gift aid reports.
- Develop an awareness of team working, workload planning, and meeting deadlines.
- Protect copyright and confidentiality of all charity documents and information at all times.
- Contribute to everyday office activities and administration to help ensure a smooth-running office.
- Update weekly media reports.
- Develop a good understanding of UK media. Research and develop media lists for specific clients/projects.
- From time to time assist in organisation of press conferences, photo calls and other events.
- Start to develop good understanding of the Mouth Cancer Foundation and what he charity does.
- Under guidance, liaise with third party suppliers, organising design and artwork, photography, print, research and booking venues/catering etc.
- Send out press releases.
- Undertake press ring rounds.
What The Mouth Cancer Foundation Is Looking For:
- General education to GCSE level or equivalent, including English.
- Experience of administrative/support work
- Experience of providing PA support
- Experience of managing own workload and working without direct supervision.
- Dealing with people in person and on the telephone.
- Maintaining computerised and manual records. An interest in fundraising, cancer care and volunteering.
- Good all round office skills, particularly spread sheet and word processing skills using Microsoft Word access and Excel.
- Ability to take minutes and compose correspondence.
- Ability to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to prioritise work efficiently and to function effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate good team-working and flexible practices in the workplace.
- Sound organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is useful.
- Demonstrates a growing understanding of Mouth Cancer Foundation.
- Seeks feedback on performance and acts on it.
- Responds promptly in a professional manner.
- Pursues thoroughness and appropriate detail.
- Writes clearly and conveys intended meaning.
- Demonstrates personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- Asks key questions and gathers relevant information.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to do things differently.
- Lists key information sources that keep knowledge current.
- Understands MCF core documents aims, objectives, core values, partnerships and Policies.
- A keen interest in public relations and all aspects of news and social media is essential.
Mouth Cancer Foundation
The Mouth Cancer Foundation was established was in June 2004 to be a professional support organisation solely dedicated to supporting people with mouth, throat and other head & neck cancer. The main objective of the foundation is the relief of sickness and the promotion and protection of good health among those suffering or at risk of Mouth, Throat and other Head & Neck Cancer by the collation and dissemination of relevant information among the public generally and by the provision of support to patients, carers and health professionals. Mouth Cancer Foundation Charity No: 1109298 3.