Location: London or Chesterfield
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £23,000-£26,000 + benefits
Contract type: Fixed term, two years
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 18 March
Download the job description and person specification by following the link to our website.
We are looking for an experienced Content editor to join our expanding team. Reporting to the senior editor, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of our content within the newly merged charity.
Working with colleagues across the organisation, the Content team creates and publishes information on all aspects of arthritis and related conditions, through traditional routes such as print booklets, through to cutting edge technology in the form of the virtual assistant.
About the role
It is an exciting time to join the charity as we look to how we can better support people with arthritis with real time, relevant, robust information and support that allows them to better manage their condition.
As a member of the Content team you will:
- have the opportunity to help shape our information provision, ensuring we implement insight into all our content production processes
- be involved in changing our focus from predominantly print-based to adapting content for a variety of channels, including audio, video, and our recently launched virtual assistant
- be responsible for making sure our content is reviewed on schedule and meets the needs of the audience.
As content editor you will:
- Use insight and understanding of people with arthritis to review our current information about arthritis and related conditions, identify gaps and recommend activities to fill these gaps.
- Be responsible for project managing and delivering high-quality content that meets audience needs.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from across the charity to support the development of a variety of outputs across multiple delivery channels.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification by following the link to our website.
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised,
Email your completed application by Midnight, Sunday 18 March via the link on our website.
Interviews expected: week commencing 2 April in our London office.
Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK merged on 1 November 2017. We believe that together we can overcome the pain, isolation and fatigue of arthritis and have a greater positive impact on the lives of 10 million people across the UK who are currently living with the condition.
Our ambition is to invest in breakthrough treatments, change attitudes towards arthritis, reach many thousands more with the information and support they need, and influence the provision of services and more essential research into better treatments and cures.
Read more about our merged organisation, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156