Community Project Officer
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work on their exciting play project in Sandwell. The Let’s Play! project delivers open access after-school and holiday sessions across Oldbury, Tipton and Wednesbury.
Community Project Officer
Salary: £18,260 per annum
37 hours per week
Based in Tipton with regular evening working across Sandwell
You will need to have experience of working with children and young people, and the ability to work with partner organisations to meet local needs. Knowledge around planning and delivering activities is vital, alongside a positive attitude and desire to work both independently and as part of a team.
As part of this team you will:
- Plan, develop and deliver after-school and holiday sessions.
- Provide safe, creative and appropriate play opportunities for 6-12 year olds (up to 16 year olds with additional needs).
- Work with the Project Coordinator / Team Manager to build constructive relationships with key stakeholders, including schools in the interests of sustaining business relationships.
- Be able to work to deadlines, ensuring that all monitoring returns are completed promptly and accurately and to the required standard for funders and stakeholders.
- Be alert to the safeguarding of young people and children, raising any issues and concerns following the correct policies and procedures.
As a Community Project Officer, you will lead on developing and delivering Let’s Play in your designated area. You must also have effective administrative and organisational skills and be able to prioritise your own work programme.
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential, as the role requires regular travel across the region.
Our client pride themselves in being a family friendly organisation and offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, a health cash plan scheme, a generous workplace pension, life assurance, parking and free refreshments. They are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst their workforce.
Along with its IIP and Workplace Wellbeing Charter accreditation, the organisation was placed 73 in the Times Top 100 Not for Profit Companies 2015, 1 Star Best Companies and has a commitment to the health and wellbeing of all their staff.
Closing date: Midday Monday 12th March 2018
Preferred Interview Date: Monday 19th March 2018
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
CV’s will not be accepted.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement in post
No agencies please.