Participation, Fundraising & Events Lead
Participation, Fundraising & Events Lead (Southampton)
- Full time, permanent
- 40 hours per week
- Up to £25k p/a
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen, for a Participation and Fundraising & Event Lead, within our growing charitable organisation.
You will be responsible for organizing, delivering and growing a series of organisation-wide participation and fundraising events and for providing fundraising expertise and support to branch managers for their smaller local fundraising activities.
To ensure fundraising activities are integrated across the business, you will work closely with and through teams in community development, program delivery, marketing and membership in the planning and execution of events.
You will demonstrate proven interpersonal skills working in a multi-stakeholder setting and experience supporting, leading and executing high quality, participative fundraising events. A flexible and creative mindset and an ability to engage positively throughout all interactions - is a must.
What’s in it for you?
Joining our very successful and reputable team at a time of growth is an exciting opportunity for you to showcase your skills and innovation and enable change. Our inclusive culture is thriving and our values are at the very heart of who we are and how we work together - with and for our beneficiaries.
- Up to £25,000 p/a (dependent on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Additional holiday accrual with length of service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- YMCA Fairthorne Group
- Free membership
- Daycamp discount
- Child / dependent nursery 30% discount
- Birthday Parties
Essential qualities and competencies
- 3 years’ experience of planning and leading participation and fundraising events
- Recent experience in marketing or message campaigning
- Experience and current knowledge of best practice donor stewardship
- Formal qualification or professional development in event management and/or fundraising
- A current full driving licence
- Knowledge of health and safety and ability to complete risk assessments
- Knowledge of safeguarding and measures to protect children and vulnerable adults as well as self
- Demonstrable ability to meet targets
- Experience in using multiple broadcast and social media channels to tell stories
- Copywriting skills.
- Full UK Driving licence and clear enhanced DBS check
If this sounds like a great fit for you, find out more about us, this role and details of how to apply by visiting www.ymca-fg.org/head-office-other
The YMCA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointment is subject to references and all employees undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to the enhanced level.
Closing date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Interviews: Monday 26th March 2018