Donor Acquisitions Manager
The Donor Acquisition Manager is a key post within the Individual Giving & Legacy team. The post holder will be responsible for all donor acquisition activities, with a focus on recruiting new regular giving supporters through face to face fundraising. In addition they will be expected to identify and develop new opportunities for recruitment such as raffles and a weekly lottery using a mixture of traditional direct marketing techniques as well as digital.
The main duties are as follows:
- Identify, research and develop business cases for new opportunities to recruit long term supporters.
- Develop, monitor and manage the Individual Giving Acquisition budget in line with objectives and KPIs, reporting to the Head of Individual Giving & Legacies Manager on income and expenditure and highlighting variances in a timely manner and in line with budget timescales.
- Monitor monthly income and expenditure across the Acquisition programme, making sure information is accurate and reconciled where necessary.
- Update Acquisition reports using key metrics and KPIs as agreed with the Head of Individual Giving & Legacies.
- Monitor and evaluate all acquisition activity and make recommendations to improve future activity and feed into longer term strategic plans.
- Manage the face-to-face and all other off-line and online donor recruitment channels.
- Build and develop successful partnerships with external suppliers and manage their performance.
- Train, and monitor the performance of, face to face and telephone agencies’ fundraisers. In particular to ensure that any fundraisers working on behalf of Independent Age adhere to and comply with the Institute of Fundraising and the Fundraising Regulator codes of practice and standards.
- To be the first point of contact for any complaints relating to activity carried out by fundraisers acting on our behalf. To follow the fundraising complaints process and procedure and liaise with the relevant fundraising agency.
- Develop training materials in order to deliver engaging and motivating training to our agency fundraisers.
- Work with external creative agencies/freelancers as well as our Communications team to produce engaging recruitment and welcome materials.
- Proactively ensure all materials produced are accurate and compliant with relevant data protection and gift aid legislation.
- Work closely with the database and finance teams to ensure that all data and income generated through acquisition activity is recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be pro-active in undertaking regular competitor reviews, in contributing to product development and innovation, and in attending fundraising networking groups, including PFRA user panel meetings.
- Undertake all activities in line with best practice standards and processes as set out by the Institute of Fundraising and the Fundraising Regulator.
- Keep abreast of all developments in direct marketing fundraising legislation and regulation as well as Data Protection.
- Work collaboratively with the appropriate colleagues in the organisation such as digital and marketing, media and PR, Services, IT, finance and campaigns.
- Keep up to date with sector trends and market developments.
Our fundraising with individuals will be based around the following supporter principles:
- Independent Age will provide its supporters with clear, honest information on the work of the charity and will report openly on its activities.
- We will manage the donor’s information responsibly and respect donor privacy and preferences.
- We will comply with the Charity Commission, UK and EU law in every respect.
- We will protect the interests of donors – or potential donors – who may be vulnerable, though we will respect the right of individuals with capacity to make decisions about their charitable giving.
- We will respond promptly to complaints and do our best to address their causes.
To apply, please complete an online application, by clicking the Apply and Apply Online button, detailing how your skills and experience meet the criteria within the Job Description and Person Specification below.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and so the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Independent Age is committed to equality of opportunity and of eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in its Equal Opportunities Policy and all other relevant guidance/practice frameworks.