Development Manager (Major Gifts)
The Geffrye Museum in Hoxton, east London, is set in former almshouses and surrounded by beautiful gardens. It explores the home from 1600 to the present day through a series of period rooms. This theme is further explored through temporary exhibitions and award-winning education programmes.
This is an exciting time to join the Geffrye, as it starts work on an £18.1m capital project, Unlocking the Geffrye, to develop new spaces, explore new perspectives and welcome 50,000 more visitors each year. The Heritage Lottery Fund has awarded the museum £12.3m, and through our campaign, we need to secure the support of philanthropists, trusts, foundations and companies to raise the final £1m by early 2020.
To support the museum’s fundraising campaign, we are looking for a development manager – major gifts to join the development team. Working with the development director this post will lead on applications to trusts, foundations and statutory sources and secure support from high net worth individuals.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a track record of successfully applying to and managing relationships with charitable trusts and foundations.
- have experience of cultivating and securing support from high net worth individuals.
- be a confident and engaging communicator.
- understand prospect research.
- have good IT skills, including confidence in using CRM systems.
Closing date: Friday 23rd February 5pm
Interview date: Monday 5th March