Job Description and Person Specification:
Job Title: Corporate Fundraiser
Reports To: Director of Fundraising
Purpose of the role: To contribute to the overall development and the delivery of the Alexander Devine fundraising strategy by implementing a corporate fundraising strategy to maximise income from the Berkshire corporate sector. The post holder will be responsible for managing the research and cultivation of future Corporate Donors and securing COTY partnerships.
Hours: 37 ½ hours per week. Part time hours (pro rata) would also be considered.
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Write and deliver corporate fundraising pitches
- To achieve income targets for corporate fundraising
- To maintain relationships and provide support for existing corporate donors
- To research and recruit new corporate partnerships across Berkshire
- Develop and deliver pitches for corporate support
- Develop opportunities to engage with the corporate community via networking and public speaking
- Maintain excellent communication with potential corporate supporters
- Ensure that existing charity of the year partnerships are managed to their maximum potential
- Work with the Community Fundraising team to identify volunteering support for Alexander Devine fundraising events
- Advise corporate partners on how to maximize fundraising income
- Provide corporate supporters with opportunities to attend or sponsor Alexander Devine fundraising events
- Negotiate Gifts in Kind as appropriate
- Responsible for providing detailed reports on the progress of the corporate fundraising function to the Director of Fundraising and CEO
- Research new corporate fundraising techniques and keep abreast of developments within the charity sector, hospice movement and Berkshire’s business community
- Contribute positively to good teamwork and uphold team values
Our ideal candidate will be positive, proactive and work well in a team, have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and administration skills in order to prepare written proposals and presentations.
Experience of working in a target driven environment, with a proven track record of successfully achieving income against target.
Experience of successful new business development and significant account management.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Proven ability in building relationships both internally and externally
- Confident in networking and operating at senior levels
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and own initiative
- Sense of humour
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle.
This job description provides the main requirements of the post but is not exclusive. The Board of Alexander Devine Trustees reserves the right, after due consideration, to indicate a requirement to develop the services where appropriate. This post will be evaluated and the post holder appraised at regular intervals, when objectives will be set and monitored.