Director of Fundraising
Job Description and Person Specification:
Job Title: Director of Fundraising
Reports To: CEO
Purpose of the role: To be responsible for the development and delivery of a cost effective fundraising and communication strategy for the Charity. This includes developing and implementing innovative new fundraising programmes to significantly increase income and profile of the Trust. The role holder will be responsible for all areas of fundraising and will be required to provide vision, leadership and inspiration to the fundraising team. The role holder will also represent the organisation with key supports, funders and other stakeholders.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (will include some weekend and out of hours working)
Salary: £50,000 per annum
- To ensure that the values and culture of Alexander Devine is at the fore of all fundraising and embedded within the Fundraising team.
- Establishing a close and effective working relationship with the CEO
- Develop, instigate and deliver a sustainable fundraising strategy while supporting the fundraising team to produce and deliver annual operational plans to help achieve this.
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency across all fundraising activity, maximising returns on investment.
- Responsible for identifying new fundraising opportunities and innovation, researching these, seeking approval to implement and delivering them.
- Ensure evaluations of all activities are carried out to a high standard and learning is communicated and implemented.
- To work with the CEO and Finance Director in forecasting budgets.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and Trustees, ensuring there is regular communication across the charity and fundraising plans are understood and supported.
- Excellent leadership qualities, motivating, inspiring and developing the fundraising team to achieve outstanding results which will enable the charity to offer a first class service to our children.
- Create a positive working environment, be visible, energetic and participative, encouraging cross-team working and initiative.
- To ensure that the donors journey and experiences with Alexander Devine are for filling and positive.
- Ensure all communication material is current and consistent across the Charity.
- Represent the charity externally in order to further our aims and protect and enhance our reputation-to include, media representation, fundraising and other high profile events and activities.
- Responsible for health and safety in the area under his/her control.
- Diploma in Fundraising
- Substantial experience in a similar role in a small to medium sized organisation-covering all areas of fundraising with proven and demonstrable experience in raising and increasing funds year on year.
- Proven experience and success in motivating and empowering people at all levels. This includes setting objectives, monitoring performance, conducting appraisals and seeking development opportunities.
- Experience of developing and delivering fundraising and communications strategies and action plans.
- Knowledge of multiple voluntary income streams, with demonstrable experience of developing new fundraising products in response to new opportunities.
- Experience of monitoring, reporting and forecasting against plans, forecasts and budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of representing an organisation to key supporters, funders and stakeholders.
- A sound knowledge of legislation, regulations and financial issues relating to fundraising.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Outstanding ability to produce written reports and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable proficiency in intermediate IT skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- An ability to believe and share in Alexander Devine ethos.
- Ability to work evening and weekends when required.
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle.
This job description provides the main requirements of the post but is not exclusive. The Board of Alexander Devine Trustees and the CEO reserves the right, after due consideration, to indicate a requirement to develop the services where appropriate. This post will be evaluated and the post holder appraised at regular intervals, where by objectives will be set and monitored.