Regional Lead – North West
The Enterprise Adviser Network is the backbone of the CEC’s operations through which we deliver all our schools. As a Regional Lead you will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight, management and implementation of the Enterprise Adviser Network (EAN) in your area. The Regional Lead will provide advice, support and work with the Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP) to ensure that the EAN is implemented successfully and quickly delivers impact.
As a Regional Lead you are the face of the company in your region and a critical part of this role is stakeholder management. Engaging local stakeholders to empower and enable the EAN in your region, supporting the LEPs and being the voice of your region in the company.
The Regional Lead should be proactive in determining what is needed by each local area and act accordingly, making the Company aware of local needs and solutions. The post is home based but will require travel on a regular basis across the geographic area and to the CEC offices in London on a weekly basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with local partners to transform outcomes for young people.
Regions: Cheshire and Warrington, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Liverpool City Region
Please note this post will require travel to our London office on Mondays and possibly on other days as required.
- Be the Company’s primary point of contact for all stakeholders in the region, ensuring CEC is seen to understand the local landscape and add value in the region.
- Support each LEP within your area to embed the Enterprise Adviser Network locally by supporting recruitment and onboarding of new Enterprise Coordinators (ECs), development of existing ECs, the embedding of investment fund projects, sharing best practice across regions, and supporting issue resolution and escalation at a local level. Ensure the CEC is seen as a trusted partner of each of the LEPs with whom you work and the Enterprise Adviser Network is embedded in the Skills Strategy.
- Ensure each area is on track to deliver against its ambitious targets to increase their schools and Enterprise Advisers in their Network. Provide regular reporting and early issue resolution, working with your Area Manager.
- Build strong cross-sector relationships which support the growth and embedding of the Network in the region, present at regional events and engage key local networks. Act as an Ambassador for the Company across your region.
- Provide input into the wider Company strategy by convening and attending focus groups and events, providing regional input into campaigns and programmes and developing a reputation for being the ‘go to’ person by the wider Careers & Enterprise team in the region.
- Support the growth and strength of the network by developing a group of local Ambassadors and case studies who/which can be used to showcase the effectiveness of the programme at local and national level. Provide input into training and best practice materials.
- Develop briefings to ensure the SLT are well-prepared for visits in your region.
- Work closely with teams internally, particularly the investment team to ensure all the Company’s work is delivered smoothly on the ground.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and activities to support the company’s overall aim of preparing young people for the world of work.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Significant experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders at different levels.
- Track record of project management.
- Experience of operating in a coaching and/or advisory role to improve outcomes and performance of others.
- Demonstrable understanding of the issues and barriers to employment faced by young people and the part that schools and employers play (or don’t) in this.
- Understanding of the education, business and enterprise landscape at a local and national level, including policy relating to skills and economic growth.
- Experience of volunteer management is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying, escalating and resolving risks.
- Where Enterprise Coordinators are looking to step into a Regional Lead role, 1 academic years’ experience as an Enterprise Coordinator is desirable.
Skills & Our Core Competencies
- Ability to work with others in a coaching style, encouraging reflection and lateral thinking to solve problems and develop plans.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships, both internally and with external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuade and influence a range of stakeholders and implement change.
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage through conflict.
- Skilled in design and delivery of content appropriate presentations to a wide audience (business, education, LAs, LEPs).
- Proactive with excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise workload and a busy diary.
- Strong problem solving skills and great attention to detail.
To apply please submit a full CV and 2 page covering letter to email@example.com or visit our website at www.careersandenterprise.co.uk