Director of Fundraising
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen to lead the Fundraising Directorate for one of the largest and most-established Christian charities of Scotland. Based in Edinburgh, operating from the Nazareth hometown of Jesus but with a world-wide reach, the Nazareth Trust engages with over 250,000 people each year - encompassing patients and their families, students, international volunteers, pilgrims and tourists, as well as our valued 600 staff. The Nazareth Trust is unique in its position in the Middle East, and the Director of Fundraising will be tasked with raising substantial world-wide support so as to enable TNT to deliver on its ambitious vision and future plans.
- Development of substantial and regular income streams to support TNT’s major capital development plans
- Development and growth of our UK and international networks
- Development and implementation of a multi-platform Communications and PR strategy to promote TNT, its work and mission
- Effective contribution as integral member of our Executive Management Team, acting as liaison point for Business Development Directorate between Israel and Scotland offices.
While the Directorate office is based in Edinburgh, international and UK travel is a requirement of the role.
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Proven success in the development of sustainable donor networks, individual, major donors, foundations and corporates
- Knowledge and implementation expertise in different donor development strategies to various audiences
- A transformative, innovative and creative-based approach to business development
Closing: 7th February - early applications welcome
Interviews: 15th February
To apply, please send your most recent CV, and a cover letter of not more than 2 A4 sides stating your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include two referees whom we may contact if you are short-listed for interview.
A full candidate information pack is available here.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the role with our CEO, please get in touch with our Edinburgh office to arrange a time, at email@example.com or telephone 0131 225 9957
As per our Christian mission, this post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant should be a practising Christian and clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the organisation.
Charity No.: SC032510
Company No.: SC225661