Communications Manager (Co-op Foundation)
The Co-op Foundation is a charity that helps disadvantaged communities work together to make things better. We’ve recently re-launched with a brand new strategy and a campaign to help young people tackle loneliness. Now we’re looking for a talented communications manager to engage with a wide range of partners, and deliver a comms strategy that’ll help us achieve our charitable goals. If you can bring us great people skills combined with real creativity, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As our communications manager you’ll engage with partners across a range of channels, and work with them to help further our charitable aims. We’ll look to you to leverage the reach of the Co-op brand by building strong relationships with relevant business functions to weave Foundation messages into Co-op comms. You’ll also work with grant-holders to develop their communications capacity and share all kinds of original, engaging content.
What you’ll do:
- build and lead the delivery of a comms strategy for the Co-op Foundation
- work with partners running Foundation funded projects to develop content
- consult with partners to design campaigns that respond to insights from their work
- spot opportunities for the Foundation to utilise appropriate Co-op comms channels
- work to integrate Foundation messaging into wider Co-op narratives
- collaborate with Co-op colleagues to leverage the power of the brand
- create original content for the Foundation, building a strong narrative around key campaigns
- oversee day-to-day Foundation website management and social media activity
To be successful you’ll need to be an experienced comms professional who can create and source original, engaging content. Strong social media and website management skills are essential. And experience working on marketing campaigns for charities would be a big advantage (but it’s not essential). Most importantly, you’ll have excellent people skills, with a natural ability to build strong relationships with a really varied group of internal and external partners.
We’d love to talk to you if:
- you have strong social media and website management skills
- you can create and source engaging content
- you’re a strong copywriter who’s naturally creative
- you can build productive relationships with people at all levels
- you have experience developing communications plans/strategies
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they’re stronger, and it’s thanks to them that when you join the modern Co-op, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We want to change the world all over again. If you believe in our purpose, and you’re keen to progress your career with a business that’s different to all the rest, then join us. And help us rebuild an iconic British brand.
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about our Co-op people policies.