Programme Compliance Manager
We are looking for a Programme Compliance Manager with impressive organisational, communication and analytical skills to join Nesta’s Programme Development team and to proactively promote the team as a cross-organisational resource and engage with teams working on EU, UK research councils, plus other vital work.
Nesta is a global innovation foundation. We back new ideas to tackle the big challenges of our time. Our mission is to spark and shape new ideas that improve how the world works for everyone. We use our knowledge, networks, funding and skills - working in partnership with others, including governments, businesses and charities. We are a UK charity but work all over the world, supported by a financial endowment.
About the role
This pivotal position will see you join our Programme Development Capacity (PDC) team, whose aim is to implement a strong programme development and project management capability that enables Nesta to deliver the highest level of quality and predictability, while meeting committed delivery targets.
The focus will be on helping manage funding from EU sources, UK Research Councils and UK Government and will see you work closely with project teams who have been successful in securing funding to set up sound systems, track their time, expenditure and ensure the terms of any funding are being met, plus engage proactively with the project team and other support functions within the organisation. Reporting to the Head of Programme Development, you will:
- Take the lead on the adoption of best practice programme delivery standards
- Lead on projects’ compliance issues and support content leads with delivery, monitoring and reporting
- Oversee the development of an appropriate mechanism for improved quality of financial reporting
- Identify any project delivery capacity-building needs in the organisation and ensure those needs are met
- Work with Nesta’s Digital Transformation leads to identify digital solutions for project delivery, monitoring and reporting
- Curate and maintain intranet content for Nesta staff to assist them with both opportunity and delivery management
To secure this opportunity
You will have a proven track record in a programme compliance management role, preferably within charity and/or public sector working on an EU-funded project, plus demonstrable experience of building and maintaining project management processes and streamlining complex monitoring and reporting processes.
An outstanding communicator with impressive attention to detail, you will also have a strong background of managing a portfolio of complex projects, including research and consultancy type projects, and of leading organisational project and programme management community of practice. Collaborative, supportive and flexible, you will also be technologically savvy, with knowledge of Salesforce or similar platforms.
Closing date: Sunday, January 28th, 2018 (11.45pm)