Programme Development Manager - Bids & Tenders
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative Programme Development Manager with strong bid-writing, analytical and interpersonal skills to join Nesta’s team and support specialised proposal and bid management for EU, DFID, UK Research Councils, UK Government and other funders, plus help with subsequent project implementation management.
Nesta is a global innovation foundation. We back new ideas to tackle the big challenges of our time. Our mission is to spark and shape new ideas that improve how the world works for everyone. We use our knowledge, networks, funding and skills - working in partnership with others, including governments, businesses and charities. We are a UK charity but work all over the world, supported by a financial endowment.
About the role
This pivotal position will see you join our Programme Development Capacity (PDC) team, whose aim is to implement a strong programme development and project management capability that enables Nesta to deliver the highest level of quality and predictability, while meeting committed delivery targets.
Working closely with the Head of Programme Development, you will oversee the design and implementation of an ‘opportunity management’ process, whilst also taking the lead on proactively identifying and assessing relevant procurement opportunities. You will also be expected to:
- Plan, research, develop, manage and support the specific proposals and bids
- Support the development and submission of winning proposal/bid responses by working with the content leads and internal experts
- Lead on researching and gathering information to include organisational and track record information
- Engage with members of Nesta’s teams and other stakeholders throughout the organisation to successfully complete proposal and bid activities
- Utilise Nesta’s processes and tools in an adaptive way to support business winning, plus constantly feedback on how the process can be developed, streamlined or improved
- Work to build on Nesta’s reputation for excellence, actively ensuring that Nesta benefits from suitable innovations in project development and delivery
To secure this opportunity
Collaborative, organised and proactive, you will have a proven track record in a proposal/bid management role, preferably within consulting and/or public sector procurement. An outstanding communicator, you must have experience writing winning proposals and bids sections for EU, DFID, UK Research Councils, UK Government, while writing bids/proposals for two-three of these clients is highly desirable.
You will also have a background reviewing proposal/bid sections and ensuring highest level of quality and be ready to challenge the status quo in order to achieve the best outcome. A pro-active, supportive, and flexible working style is also essential.
Closing date: Sunday, January 28th, 2018 (11.45pm)