Safety & First Aid Officer
An opportunity has arisen to work for our client, an animal conservation charity. They are looking for someone to work within the Health, Safety & First Aid Team at their Zoo.
Position: Safety & First Aid Officer
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,786 p.a. (Inclusive of London Weighting and weekend enhancement)
About the organisation:
Our client, a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. Their mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at their two zoos, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Overview of Role:
The successful candidate will act as a support function for the Health & Safety Advisor taking on management of contractors, delivering in-house training, co-ordinating the occupational health surveillance program and delivering first aid to employees and customers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The administration of first aid to employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public at the Zoo.
- Assisting with locating/re-uniting lost children/adults as per the lost child procedure and in accordance with safeguarding guidelines. Where necessary raising any child protection issues.
- Reporting and assisting in all accidents, incidents and near misses, logging them onto the incident management system and escalating to the Health and Safety Advisor where required.
- Assisting the health and safety advisor with carrying out workplace safety inspections and risk assessments, reviewing workplace risk assessments, advising on legislation and best practice.
- Monitoring contractors working on site to ensure that they are working within their risk assessment/method statement.
- To assist in any accident or emergency situation and to keep informed of the Society’s relevant instructions and procedures and to liaise with emergency services and EDM as required.
- To maintain high standards of customer service towards all staff and visitors.
- Co-ordinate the vaccination and occupational health screening programmes liaising with the 3rd party supplier for the Zoos to ensure that staff working cross site are appropriately vaccinated.
- Deliver health and safety and first aid training in line with the business need.
- Provide support at their other Zoo on an ad-hoc basis.
The successful candidate will have:
- IOSH Managing Safely/NeBOSH General Certificate
- A relevant qualification in delivering training
- 3 day first aid at work qualification and recent experience of practicing first aid at work.
- Experience of working within a visitor attraction would be desirable
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 10th December 2017.
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will then be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
They are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment. They apply policies that are determined solely by job criteria and personal ability.
No agencies please.