The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) is the professional membership body for Speech and Language Therapists with over 17,000 members. The RCSLT head office is in London with satellite offices in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The RCSLT is looking to appoint a qualified accounting professional as the Honorary Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees. The role is not remunerated but reasonable expenses are payable.
Along with the general duties for a Trustee, we hope that the successful individual will bring the following to this specific role:
- Understanding of the financial dynamics of a mid-sized charity or professional body
- Experience of reviewing budgets and medium to long term financial plans and overseeing delivery against these plans
- Experience of charity investment policy setting and management
- Experience of risk management
- Understanding of the financial administration of a UK registered charity
- Ability to present financial information clearly to a range of audiences
The selection process is by means of a covering letter stating how you feel you fulfill the requirements of the role, a CV and a completed skills matrix. If you are short-listed, there will be an interview at our London offices. The role specification and skills matrix is downloadable and more information about the RCSLT can be found on our website via the apply button.
Interested candidates are invited to contact the CEO for an informal discussion by phoning 0207 378 3007. The expectation is that the successful applicant would shadow the incumbent Honorary Treasurer from Board approval in early 2018 and then formally assume office from the RCSLT’s Annual General Meeting on 4 October 2018, for a three year term, which may be renewable.
The closing date is 20 November 2017 and you will be informed if you have been short-listed for interview by 30 November. Interviews will be at our London offices on 13 December.