Patrons and Planned Giving Fundraiser
7 days left
- Contract Type
Patrons & Planned Giving Fundraiser - Canterbury Cathedral Trust
Full Time, Permanent - £30,000 to £33,000 dependent upon experience
Canterbury Cathedral is one of the nation’s greatest heritage buildings and well-known all over the world. The Cathedral community welcomes more than 1 million visitors and delivers over 2,000 events and services each year, as well as employing nearly 1,000 staff and volunteers.
In 1974, Canterbury Cathedral Trust was established as a separate charity to raise funds for conservation, education and music opportunities at the Cathedral, including support for trade & craft apprenticeships and our longstanding choral music tradition. Through the generosity of individuals, charitable trusts and others, the Trust helps the Cathedral meet the costs of major projects to continue Canterbury’s 1,400 year old story.
In recent years, the Trust has secured funding for several major projects, including £10.9m in partnership funds to unlock a £13.8m grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund for The Canterbury Journey – a programme of urgent repairs, learning and visitor engagement initiatives. From 2017, the Trust has focused its attention on music at Canterbury Cathedral in all its expressions. The current campaign will support major restoration of the Quire Organ as well as the musicians and choristers who perform in the Cathedral daily and visit from across the globe. Capital works must be completed by early 2020.
The Patrons and Planned Giving Fundraiser role is a new addition to the Trust team and offers a motivated and meticulous fundraiser the chance to develop and take ownership of a Patrons and planned giving programme. The postholder will be responsible for the development and implementation of a programme of sustainable regular giving, including legacies. This will include delivering a tiered Patrons membership programme, alongside a schedule of annual events. The postholder will report to the Senior Development Manager and help deliver marketing and donor development strategies to meet income targets and promote planned giving to key audiences.
The postholder will have demonstrable experience of planned giving programmes and be used to working closely with colleagues to deliver attractive opportunities for donors at all levels. S/he will secure income for a range of projects, with a particular focus on the Trust’s Music Campaign.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To take responsibility for the planning, development and growth of a planned giving programme including cultivating and securing new legacy donors;
- To establish and grow a tiered Patrons Programme to meet annual targets, with a particular focus on music in the short term;
- Under the supervision of the Senior Development Manager, to develop a consistent and compelling marketing and communications programme for Patrons and planned giving;
- To work to an agreed annual programme of events and marketing activities to support this;
- The efficient administration of planned giving donations and Patron’s subscriptions;
- Become an ambassador for the Trust, establishing credibility and developing positive relationships across our network of stakeholders; locally, nationally and internationally.
Application is by CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Further details can be viewed at https://www.canterbury-cathedral.org/get-involved/employment/.
For informal enquiries about the role, please contact Charlotte Walshe, Senior Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: midnight, Sunday 29th October 2017
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 6th November 2017
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Apply for Patrons and Planned Giving Fundraiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time Arts / Culture Fundraising jobs in Canterbury
- Full Time Arts / Culture Alumni jobs in Canterbury
- Full Time Arts / Culture Community Fundraising jobs in Canterbury
- Full Time Arts / Culture Events Fundraising jobs in Canterbury
- Full Time Arts / Culture Legacies Fundraising jobs in Canterbury