Team Leader – HMP Brixton
Full Time Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our management team at HMP Brixton. As part of the management team you will be supervising staff as well as taking a strategic role in ensuring that the service meets its objectives and provide high quality support to our clients.
Forward empowers people to break the cycle of crime or addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
You will be responsible for ensuring that agreed performance targets are met. You will work with the Service Manager in the following key areas:
- Maintain the organisations relationship with all management and staff and other agencies working within this contract
- Ensuring the submission of reports and returns
- Planning and maintaining a staff rota, ensuring that there is always adequate staff cover for the provision of the service
- Developing and maintaining supporting working relationships within the team
- identifying and supporting the continued professional development of all staff and volunteers
- Ensuring effective induction for new staff and volunteers
- Ensuring all staff receive regular and effective supervision
- Knowledge of disciplinary and capability procedures
- Ensuring that the service meet The Forward Trust’s audit requirements
- Contribute to target requirements as set by stakeholders
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection process
To be successful in this role you will have experience of supervising or managing the work of others within the drug and alcohol misuse sector, you will have proven experience of monitoring and working in partnership with external agencies and be in possession of a level 3 award in a relevant subject or equivalent
The Forward Trust offers an excellent benefits package including work-related clinical supervision allowance, Simply Health coverage, competitive annual leave entitlements and a contributory pension scheme. We also support our employees to achieve both professional and personal development.
We welcome applications from ex-offenders and those in recovery particularly those from a 12 step background.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for employees and eligible applicants. We’ll judge you on your abilities and skills and nothing else. We are committed to enhancing the diverse profile of our organisation to reflect the communities within which we work.
Please click apply and you will be directed to our website, where you can progress your application. You also can download a full job description and person specification.
You will also need to complete a supporting statement that lists clear examples which demonstrate your competencies in relation to the person specification and being the right candidate for the role.
We are unable to accept CV’s.
Closing date for applications: 30/10/2017 (10.00am)