The National Forest Company pioneers new ways of working to reconnect people and businesses with nature and create a place to grow together. The last two decades have seen us drive forward the vision for the National Forest, from its leap of faith to the success story we see today: a restored forest landscape, an emerging visitor destination and the support of local communities. However, there is still much to do.
This is an exciting time for us. We secured charitable status last year and will soon be publishing our first Annual Report and Accounts in compliance with the Charity SORP. We are now looking for a Finance Manager to play a key role in further developing and managing all aspects of our finance functions.
We're looking for a qualified accountant with strong charity experience ensuring that we follow best practice and meet our statutory obligations both as a charity and an arm’s length body of Defra. You'll enjoy the challenge of managing complex project finances and working with others to develop robust reporting systems. You'll also have excellent communication skills and will provide first rate support to our team and the Board of Trustees.
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with at least five years’ relevant experience.
- Charity sector experience including production of charity SORP compliant accounts and monthly management accounts.
- Financial management of complex restricted funded projects.
- Experience of working with Trustees, auditors and external advisors to improve and develop practice.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Good written and oral communication skills including the ability to interpret and provide narrative to support financial data.
- Hands-on approach and able to effectively prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- A continuous improvement approach to systems with ability to develop and implement new financial procedures.
- Highly computer literate with experience of accounting software such as SAGE50 and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- High attention to detail, strong analytical skills and commitment to customer care.
- Flexible and positive outlook and the ability to work with drive and initiative.
- Team working skills, supportive approach and the ability to establish good working relationships.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and environmental issues.
This is a full time permanent post.
Salary £34,490 to £40,000
Civil Service Pension Scheme
30 days' annual leave plus 10.5 days' public and privilege leave
For further information about the role and the National Forest please visit our website at http://www.nationalforest.org/about_us/employ/finance_manager.php
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined in the attached job pack together with a completed diversity monitoring questionnaire, by noon on Wednesday 25 October. Interviews will be held on Thursday 9 November.
In your email, please use the subject header 'CONFIDENTIAL FM/17'
No contact from agencies thank you.