Finance and Office Adminstrator
THE NOT FORGOTTEN ASSOCIATION
Finance and Office Administrator
Head of Finance
Hours per week:
£22K to £26K depending on experience + Generous benefits
The Not Forgotten Association is looking to recruit a new Finance and Office Administrator to assist the Head of Finance as well as been responsible for the overall general administration of the charity, as it continues to deliver recreation and entertainment opportunities to wounded, injured and sick serving personnel and disabled veterans. The position is in a small charity of just seven staff who directly support over 9,000 beneficiaries each year. Based in Victoria we are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to take on this key full time appointment as soon as possible.
- Main Purpose of the Role:
Process and prepare financial forms, facilitating purchases and Income transactions etc. ... Collect and enter financial data. Ensure all calculations and data entries are correct. You will also ensure proper flow of office procedures; undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.
2. Environment of the Job:
The Not Forgotten Association is a small not-for-profit organisation, which exists to organise and host a range of events, entertainment and recreation for the military serving wounded, injured or sick and for ex-service men and women with disabilities. We are renowned for our personal style and ethos, and for the exceptional and wide ranging support we provide to our beneficiaries. The organisation is funded by donations and is overseen by a board of Trustees. The job is based in the Association’s offices at 2 Grosvenor Gardens SW1W 0DH, but requires the post holder to be prepared to travel to support the charity’s activities throughout the UK.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To process incoming invoices for payment, deal with supplier queries as necessary and reconcile supplier statements.
- To set up online bank payments and present all relevant documentation (including duly authorised invoices) to bank signatories for approval
- To record all incoming cheques and receipts and liaising with banks, as required.
- To be responsible for reconciling the main operational bank account
- Allocation of Income including on-line and fundraising.
- Prepare thank you letters for donations and grants and record on database
- Run the office administration.
- Provide administration support to Chief Executive and Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Support the Chairman, Presidents, Vice Presidents, Trustees in carrying out their duties
- Be responsible for setting up NFA trustee and staff meetings by booking venues, sending out papers and taking minutes
- Prior experience within charity finance desirable but not essential
- Alongside your finance experience you will also have previous experience of general office administration
- The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage socially with confidence to beneficiaries, benefactors and the wider public, and represent the charity at events
- A confident and fluent communicator both verbal and written
- Must possess comprehensive IT skills, Excel and Microsoft Office package. Experience of Accounting packages is advantageous
- Experience working within a fundraising/events team is advantageous
- Should have a good understanding of office management and communication systems;
- A team player who works collaboratively and is ready and willing to play their part in all the charity’s activities.
- A demonstrable flexible work ethic.
- Displays initiative, being able to work to time scales and meet deadlines effectively with the ability to manage own tasks/priorities effectively.
- Prepared to travel to attend charity events.
Applications should be made by 18 October by sending a CV and a short covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) showing how you meet the requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for further information should also be sent to this email address.