Digital Fundraising Executive
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee UK is part of the IRC global network, which has its headquarters in New York and London. The IRC is on the ground in some 40 countries, providing emergency relief and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 28 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
IRC IN EUROPE
Our European headquarters, IRC-UK, were established in London in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment, IRC-UK has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high quality project management, technical expertise in economic recovery programmes, emergency response, and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender based violence. The IRC also has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Geneva, a sister organization in The Hague, and programme offices elsewhere in Europe.
THE PRIVATE FUNDRAISING DEPARTMENT
IRC-UK’s fundraising capacity has grown significantly over the past four years. There are ambitious plans to increase this significantly as part of an exciting global revenue generation strategy.
The Purpose of the Role
The Digital Marketing Executive - Acquisition will report to the UK Digital Fundraising Manager, and form part of a small team of three digital fundraisers marketers. This role will focus on the acquisition of donors via paid media in the UK market.
As the post holder will focus on acquiring donors via paid media, the post holder will play a key role in helping the IRC achieve its objectives to significantly grow our supporter base in the UK.
Scope and Authority
The post holder has authority to make implementation decisions regarding the optimisation of the UK digital programme to maximise financial return in the short and long term.
Responsibility for Resources:
This position has no line management responsibility
Key Working Relationships
- Reports to the UK Digital Fundraising Manager
- Key contacts:
- UK Digital Fundraising Executive – Retention
- UK Strategic Operations Team
- UK Fundraising Assistant
- UK Philanthropy & Partnerships Team
- UK Communications Team
- Global Marketing and Communication Teams
- Global Emergency Response Team
- Fundraising agencies and other key suppliers
Producing Results (80%)
- Work closely with Digital Fundraising Manager and global marketing team to implement UK digital fundraising donor recruitment strategy
- Manage and implement paid search, paid social, display on GDN and open web, and other paid digital advertising opportunities
- Help develop and implement paid media plans to support on emergency and non-emergency fundraising campaigns
- Test and refine recruitment and engagement (that leads to conversion) tactics via paid media to maximize engagement and revenue
- Ensure that prospective donors receive an excellent user experience, working collaboratively with the UK Digital Team, global marketing team and digital agencies to develop a seamless progression into stewardship and further cultivation
- Help ensure that KPIs are measured and regularly reviewed to enhance performance
- Work with the creative and brand teams to ensure all paid recruitment materials are on brand and of the highest quality
- In collaboration with the UK Strategic Operations Team and Global Marketing team, provide regular real-time status reports on paid media performance and suggest ways to maximize returns
- Work with the agency and external and internal design teams to create marketing assets that meet campaign needs, goals and network specifications
- Stay abreast of rapidly changing ad platforms and advise on new opportunities
- Be a key member of the UK Digital team demonstrating a commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Supporting change (20%)
- Work collaboratively with UK Digital Fundraising team to embed digital acquisition best practice with European and global digital fundraising strategies to maximize sustainable net income
- Work collaboratively with Digital and Communications colleagues in the UK and globally to maximize fundraising opportunities and financial returns.
- Support the Digital Fundraising Manager to ensure fundraising practices are compliant with fundraising and other relevant regulatory standards.
- Monitor developments and trends in digital fundraising
- Contribute to overall strategic and financial planning as required
- Participate in Fundraising team meetings and events
- Carry out other duties as required to maximize IRC-UK’s digital fundraising.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Understanding of implementation and monitoring of paid digital fundraising campaigns
- Proven ability using analytics to inform and influence decision-making
- Excellent IT skills including digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager / Power Editor, AdWords and Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, to deal effectively, efficiently and appropriately with internal and external audiences
- Excellent financial and numeracy skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage a complex, varied workload
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Able to plan and prioritise tasks
- Able to establish and build relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders at all levels and from a variety of backgrounds, both within IRC and externally
- Able to understand and demonstrate commitment to IRC’s Equal Opportunities Policy and to ensure all activities are consistent with Equal Opportunities.
- Understanding of fundraising practices, codes of conduct and legislation
- Experience in a digital fundraising or marketing role
- A demonstrable track record of supporting the development of digital fundraising/marketing programmes to attract donors/customers
- Experience of working collaboratively with members of a fundraising team and across departments
- Experience using SalesForce or equivalent eCRM
- Experience of working with agencies
- Experience of working in a complex, global organization
- Experience with multi-channel international fundraising campaigns (Direct TV, Telemarketing, Direct Mail).