Wellbeing Support Officer
Independent Age is a charity founded over 150 years ago to provide older people and their families with clear, free and impartial advice on the issues which matter to them. In 2015 we began an ambitious 5 year programme to greatly increase the impact of Independent Age by significantly expanding our services and campaigning activities. By 2020 we aim to:
- Have increased our support for the most vulnerable and in need by tenfold
- Distribute our resources to over one million people annually
- Respond to over 100,000 enquires each year
- Double the number of regular visits and calls to lonely older people
- Increase our influence on government
To support the Head of Wellbeing to drive forward and manage a programme of projects which meet the Charities strategic goals and objectives around loneliness and friendship for older old people, ensuring that key projects and activities are delivered within a robust programme management framework.
Assist as required to support income generation and cross team projects.
- • Assist Head of Wellbeing with the successful development and delivery of project work streams and restricted funded projects which meet the Charities strategic objectives.
- • Responsible for reporting across programme and projects, ensuring compliance with all contractual and partnership agreements.
- • Work with and support internal colleagues to inform the development of evidence-based, innovative, sustainable, fully evaluated and costed service models.
- • Implement business plans ensuring that objectives and outcomes are met.
- • Support the development of Best Practice Processes
- • Work with the Head of Wellbeing to allocate resources to programmes and projects in line with organisational objectives. • Work with the Services Support team to ensure effective dissemination of knowledge and learning from funded programmes and projects.
- •Work with the volunteering team to support the development of new volunteer roles, training and engagement.
- • Develop and maintain excellent and effective operational relationships with Independent Age staff at all levels.
- • Responsible for ensuring older people are involved in project planning and activity and have an active influence in quality, evaluation and practice.
- • Own, manage and ensure the core documentation required for programmes is kept up to date, including project plans, timetables, evaluations, risk registers, reporting and financial control mechanisms.
- • Provide management information and regular reporting in accordance with requirements.
- • Ensure key internal and external stakeholders are kept fully informed and engaged.
- • Represent the Head of Wellbeing at some internal meetings.
- Undertake any duties deemed appropriate by the head of wellbeing
Toapply, please complete an online application, by clicking the Apply Online button, attaching a job description and cover letter.