Business Support Officer (Level 1)
Salary: £22,506 - £24,510
Grade: AFC SCP 22-25
Appointment Type: Full Time Fixed Term 1 Year Contract
Location: Kingston and Moor Lane Centre (Chessington)
Directorate: Business Support
This is an exciting time to join Children's Services for Achieving for Children. The vision for Achieving for Children is simple: by putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do, we will be able to deliver improved outcomes for families and give children and young people the best start in life.
For more information please see our website: http://www.achievingforchildren.org.uk/Working-for-us
Achieving for Children (AfC) prides itself in being a forward thinking and innovative organisation, putting children first is a core value of AfC. The values and culture of AfC are reflected across front line teams, where practitioners can find a supportive learning environment. AfC values its staff and we are committed to supporting career development and progression.
Achieving for Children has been named as Social Work Employer of the Year for 2016 at the Social Worker of the Year awards ceremony in November. We beat off competition from local authorities and national agencies to win the award. The prestigious awards ceremony is one of the leading celebrations of its kind in the social care sector, and is supported by the government. The ceremony recognises the achievements and successes of the profession's most innovative and dedicated social workers. We were recognised for our work to encourage innovation and empower staff, building a strong team spirit, investing in staff development, and delivering best practice in recruitment and retention.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Support Officer to work in our South Cluster Business Support Team providing support to the Referral and Assessment Team.
Reporting to the South Cluster Business Support Team Leader, you will work in a team of Business Support Officers providing support within a matrix management environment. You will have excellent communication skills and have the ability to develop good working relationships to understand and be responsive to the needs of Cluster Social Care Teams in Moor Lane, Chessington.
- The processing of welfare checks in collaboration with partner organisations.
- Providing meeting support, including arranging meetings and taking comprehensive minutes
- Maintaining cases on the social care database by entering data and uploading documents
- Assisting the Business Support Team with high-level administrative support
For an informal discussion please contact Head of Business Support, Jabed Hussain on 07825 174866 or email .
Benefit of working for Achieving for Children
AfC was recently named as Social Work Employer of the Year at the prestigious Social Worker of the Year awards ceremony, beating off competition from local authorities and national agencies to win the award.
As a social enterprise owned by two local authorities, we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government.
The successful candidate will have access to;
- Generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
You will find out more about our organisation at https://www.achievingforchildren.org.uk/
How to apply
Before applying please refer to the role profile and ensure you meet the essential criteria. You will then need to complete the online application, adding a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria outlined on the role profile.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. However, should you not declare an offence that is subsequently revealed, e.g. through the DBS check, then this may place your appointment in jeopardy.