Our client's social purpose is to inspire people to be their best so they can get the most out life. They believe that if they offer the right home and the right relationship every one of their customers can achieve more.
Position: Neighbourhood Coach
Location: Lichfield or Tamworth
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Closing date for applications 15th October 2017, with interviews taking place 31st October 2017
About the role:
They’re looking for someone who believes in people and their potential to achieve more. You’ll be responsible for developing a relationship that’s built on mutual-trust with around 175 households. Through this relationship and using the home as a springboard, you’ll gain a better understanding of your customer’s aspirations, dreams and goals; helping them recognise what might be holding them back or helping them identify and take responsibility for what might need to change.
Essentially, you’ll use a coaching approach to help customers identify where they want to get to in life and how they can build on their strengths, gifts and talents to help them get there.
- You’ll spend most of your time out on your patch, getting to know your customers and the local community. It’s no 9 to 5 job – you’ll need to be flexible and ready to work with your customers, when it’s right for them.
- You’ll have honest and sometimes difficult conversations with your customers, that will enable them to make more informed choices and better equip them to deal with life’s challenges.
- Whether it’s about a healthier lifestyle, improving skills, getting into work or being better with money - having coaching conversations is the essential ingredient.
- You’ll have a great profile in your community and you’ll identify and get to know various agencies, groups and businesses in the local area that might help your customers achieve what they want out of life.
- You’ll proactively make connections between customers and these organisations and you’ll use your coaching skills to help customers make these connections for themselves.
- You’ll help to ensure your customers understand their role in the relationship, the impact and consequences of the decisions they make and the actions they take – including paying their rent.
- You’ll effectively be running a £1m business!
You’ll be someone who already stands out from the crowd and can demonstrate that:
You’re curious and don’t shy away from having difficult conversations You’re tenacious about doing what it takes to achieve the right outcome You have a track record of being self-motivated, flexible and able to manage your own workload You’re a strong positive contributor even when the going gets tough (high-maintenance mood hoovers need not apply) If you don’t already have experience of housing and tenancy issues, money advice or skills coaching – you’ll be keen and quick to learn You have a reputation for first rate influencing, negotiating and relationship building skills.
Previous experience in facilities management, managing a building / scheme / service, understanding / passion for retirement living Knowledge / experience of client group Responsible for organising appropriate activities, flat allocation, new customer sign ups, managing customer queries / complaints Liaising with onsite care agency Overseeing running of scheme, creative to keep ideas fresh, customers engaged.
The ideal applicant will live in close proximity to the above location. A full driving licence is essential
You may have experience of the following: Neighbourhood Coach, Neighbourhood Officer, Housing Officer, Neighbourhood Housing Officer, Property Management, Customer Service, Community Support, Neighbourhood Coordinator, Housing Coordinator, Housing Management, Neighbourhood Support Worker, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.