Care Assistant ( Horticulture )
7 days left
- Contract Type
CARE ASSISTANT (HORTICULTURE)
- Location: Braintree
- Salary: 14,478 - 19,750pa
- Contract: Permanent - Full Time
- Hours: 37
- Closing date: 31/10/2017
CARE ASSISTANT (Horticulture)
Roundwood Garden Centre, Braintree
£14,478 - £19,750
- Do you get satisfaction from helping other people?
- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Do you have a keen interest in Horticulture that you would like to share with others?
If so we are looking for someone to join our friendly, professional and dedicated team to work at our Garden Centre in Braintree. As part of the horticultural team you will work alongside adults with learning disabilities to provide an encouraging and supportive environment to help explore their interest in plant care, product growing and landscaping. In addition you will keep the garden centre well maintained and presentable as well as assisting members of the public who visit the centre.
You should have a good knowledge of plant and vegetable production in both Greenhouses and polythene tunnels particularly in the busy Spring bedding season, you should have an understanding of the use and maintenance of garden machinery such as lawn mowers, hedge cutters and strimmers. Experience of working in a Garden Centre or Nursery would be an advantage.
You will be a caring and supportive person who has both a passion for horticulture as well as having the skills and ability to provide care and support to vulnerable people.
We offer excellent benefits which include:
- Free DBS check
- Full & comprehensive induction (paid)
- An assigned buddy when you join
- Flexible working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- 45p Per mile Business Mileage
- Paid travel time
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Ongoing Training & Career development
- Refer a friend scheme - £300 payment
All appointments are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be paid for by ECL. As you may be required to travel, the use of a car for work purposes is desirable. As part of this role you will be required to undertake the Care Certificate during your probationary period.
For informal enquiries please contact Stephen Rolls on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply visit www.ecljobs.org
Tel: 0844 801 3693