Head of Fundraising & Corporate Relations
Asociación Ondine (AO) is a marine conservation, non-for-profit organisation based in Mallorca.
Vision: A clean and healthy Balearic sea
Mission: To enable the Balearic Sea to recover its biodiversity and thrive together with a prospering, environmentally conscious and proactive local population. Highlight the Balearics as the showcase of Mediterranean marine conservation.
Working areas: Plastic Pollution & Marine Protected Areas
AO is lead by president Brad Robertson - Program Development, Operations & Outreach.
Vice President Biel Morey - MPA Team Member & Operations.
Miguel Pozo - Head of Science & Expeditions.
Mari Gutic - Volunteer Coordinator, Program Development & Outreach.
AO has a team of local scientists and a group of volunteers that include local business people, enthusiastic individuals and energetic youths.
AO is a fairly new organisation that has been building a solid foundation for a long and successful future. AO is aspiring to considerably increase its revenue over the next 2 years to accommodate the demand and requirements of our initiatives.
We are seeking a motivated individual with a strong desire to have a tangible positive impact on the local marine environment. The successful candidate will help fine tune and drive AO into a sustainable and productive future. While the main role of this post is to help secure funding for AO, there is an expectation to contribute to and shape the strategic direction of the organisation.
- A full time job based in Mallorca working from home. Part time considered for the right person
- To develop and carry out a variety of activities to raise funds for AO. Target areas: local individuals, businesses and corporations, local government, EU government, high level philanthropic individuals
- To work at systems and relations to ensure these relationships are long standing
- To assist in corporate image development
- To assist in communications development between AO and their sponsors
- To assist in the development of the organisation to grow its profile and capabilities
- 5 years + experience working in fundraising (preferably for charitable organisations)
- Proven success in fundraising
- Experience in business acumen and finance
- Ability to lead a team of volunteers
- Fluency in spoken/written English and Spanish (Catalan also interesting for AO)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player and friendly disposition
- Strategic vision
- Willingness to travel between islands and internationally
What you can expect
Asociación Ondine is a very unique organisation established by locals for locals in the Balearic Islands. Our team is a fun mix of nationalities, professions and personalities that all share a common goal: a clean and healthy Balearic Sea.
Salary will depend on experience and skills.
The position consists of a 3 month trial period with a further 12 month contract being agreed upon after the initial 3 months. The 12 month contract will be renewed for a further 12 months continuously if both parties are happy and satisfied.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Interviews are conducted continuously.
Cut off: December 2017
For questions regarding the position contact Brad at +34 658 399145 or email us.