Administrator, Operations and Communications (part-time)
The Franco-British Council is looking for an experienced Administrator to manage its operations and communications, working closely with the Director and Trustees.
The Franco-British Council is an independent UK charity with a mission to nurture relationships between French and British civil societies. It is a membership organisation and our programmes include the newly launched Franco-British Young Leaders and our established Franco-British Defence Cooperation Conference.
The Administrator, operations and communications is responsible for:
1. Communications with trustees, members, programme participants, key stakeholders and the wider public. This includes drafting communications (letters, newsletters, leaflets, press releases etc.), managing our online profile (website, social media, etc.) and maintaining databases and communications channels.
2. General administration. This includes financial management (supervising bookkeeping, producing management accounts, making payments), people management (managing student placements and interns, liaising with pension provider etc.), company secretary duties (notices and minutes for trustees’ meetings and AGM) and generally managing office-related matters.
3. Ad-hoc operational support to the programmes. This includes some events logistics (managing rsvps, booking caterers etc.) and administrative support (collating invoices, evaluation etc.).
- 10-year professional relevant experience in a charity
- English mother tongue
- Proficiency in French
- Excellent verbal communications skills with experience handling communications with high profile stakeholders
- Excellent written communications skills with ability to write quickly to a very high standard of English across a diversity of mediums and styles
- Excellent numeracy with ability to process financial information accurately
- A completer-finisher with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Relevant experience in marketing and communications, press and public relations.
- Relevant experience in financial management.
- Relevant experience in events and programmes operations and administration.
This is a part-time position, 24 hours per week over three or four days, based in our offices in South Kensington. Remuneration up to £27,000 pro-rate depending on experience. Benefits include 28 holidays (incl. bank holidays) pro-rate, 5% employer pension contribution and childcare vouchers scheme.
Please email a CV and letter to email@example.com by the 13th October 2017.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis and we may close the recruitment early.
Starting date: asap.