Head of Impact Management
Location: London or Chesterfield
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £49,000- £52,000
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: midnight on Wednesday 18 October
We are looking for a skilled Head of Impact Management who will lead our strategic approach to impact measurement and evaluation at Arthritis Research UK, including developing and embedding our first impact framework.
About the role
As Head of Impact Management, you will lead the design and implementation of our strategic approach to evaluation and impact measurement. You will lead a team of seven, contribute to decision making and leadership whilst working collaboratively to understand and maximise the impact of our work.
This role provides a great opportunity for a senior impact and evaluation professional to lead a critical area of work within Arthritis Research UK and contribute to our organisation’s strategic direction. You will be leading an exciting programme of work in a growing directorate and you will have the opportunity to shape our charity’s work and make a real difference to peoples’ lives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent impact measurement skills, with substantial experience of using findings to drive maximum impact.
- Understanding and experience of change management and strategic planning, e.g. theory of change approaches.
- Experience of leading, motivating and developing teams.
- Strong project management and organisational ability, including being able to prioritise activities and independently manage own workload that includes multiple concurrent projects.
- Evaluation and research methods training and/ or demonstrable experience of designing and running large- scale, complex evaluations.
- Ability to analyse complex data with confidence to identify key recommendations, and present them to a variety of audiences, in a way that informs and influences their decision making.
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly, adapt to novel challenges and solve complex problems in a timely fashion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to work in partnership with people at all levels, demonstrating strong skills in networking and influencing.
- Ability to develop and deliver an organisational approach to evaluation and learning.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on Wednesday 18 October. Further details available on our website when you click apply.
First interviews expected: 1 November at our London office
Second interviews expected: 10 November at our London office
Arthritis Research UK is the charity dedicated to stopping the devastating impact that arthritis has on people’s lives.
Our long-term commitment is prevention, developing a cure, and transforming the lives of those with arthritis.
We fund research into new treatments to end the pain of arthritis, and provide information on living well with arthritis.
Read more about the organisation and our benefits on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156