Corporate Fundraising Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
Summary of the role
The role of corporate fundraising manager is essential to help us achieve our mission of zero road deaths and injuries. You will help us grow income by 50 per cent, working with a passionate team, dedicated to a worthy cause, helping us to do even more.
Working directly with, and reporting to, the fundraising and development director, you will lead a team of four who collectively generate over half of the charity's income. The corporate fundraising team jointly manages over 100 relationships with big name companies, from a diverse range of sectors, all committed to supporting Brake’s cause and integrating road safety and sustainability into their businesses.
In addition to effectively managing your team to ambitious targets, you will also be responsible for leading, growing and managing an exciting and diverse portfolio of corporate accounts. You will have proven experience in creating, developing and overseeing successful partnerships and possess the ability to devise and deliver bespoke and engaging fundraising plans. You will be motivated by reaching targets and pitching for significant donations to help Brake grow and achieve its charitable objectives.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Enabling the corporate fundraising team to collectively achieve an annual income of over £600,000 in 2018 and achieve an increased team ROI in 2019, in line with Brake’s strategic growth objective
- Working with the fundraising director to produce strategic annual plans, individual targets, and work methodologies for the corporate fundraising team
- Providing ambitious leadership and management for your team, enabling them to secure new and renewal donations, including unrestricted funds and innovative project sponsorships
- Play an active part in achieving team targets by taking part in your own corporate fundraising
- Working across the charity and supporting service delivery teams in a range of tasks from project planning to delivery
- Working with the campaigns team to secure corporate funds for exciting, high profile, joint communications activity.
You will be an experienced, senior professional with a track record of achievement. You will demonstrate:
- Proactive and dynamic approach to supporting a team with ambitious targets for income growth
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate your team effectively
- The ability to think strategically and manage a large and complex workload
- A proven ability to present and ‘sell’ to new and existing supporters, and internal audiences
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills with a high degree of diplomacy, tact and confidence
- Being an excellent team player who can work on your own initiative to plan and manage your workload, and that of your team
- Ability to develop strong senior relationships both internally and externally
- A deep understanding of corporate fundraising.
Experience and other requirements:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience/requirements:
- A proven, impressive track record of delivering corporate/charity partnerships
- Experience of meeting and exceeding targets
- High level sales experience in a client-facing environment
- Management experience, ideally within a corporate fundraising environment
- Educated to degree level or relevant fundraising qualification
- Willingness to engage with Brake’s cause and develop an understanding of all aspects of our charitable services
- Flexible and willing to travel throughout the UK, with occasional overnight stays
- Empathy with road crash victims
- Knowledge of other fundraising streams, for example major donor giving, GAYE and grant giving.
The successful candidate will be provided with full support, including external training, operating procedures, supportive management and the opportunity to attend Brake’s conferences and seminars on a range of topics.
To apply: Email your CV and a 500 word covering letter explaining why you are the right applicant for this job to Brake’s fundraising and development director Katie Shephard – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: £26,500 - £29,500 + 5% pension + performance based bonus (approx. £5,000 per annum)
Deadline for applications: Friday 20th October 2017
1st interview: Monday 30th October in Huddersfield
2nd interview: Wednesday 1st November via teleconference
Due to the nature of Brake’s work, we cannot consider applications from traffic offenders. Brake is an equal opportunity employer. Applications not in the specified format or submitted past the closing date will not be considered. If applicants have not been contacted by Wednesday 25th October then they should assume their application has not been successful.
In line with our values, Brake encourages applications from people who wish to commute to work in ways that are sustainable and active; our UK head office is close to Huddersfield train station which has excellent rail links and cycle storage facilities. Brake discourages applications from people who intend to commute regularly a significant distance to our office by car.