1.5 billion people are still waiting
An independent charity, Wycliffe Bible Translators works with partner organisations across more than 50 countries in order that all people might have access to God’s word.
You will play a significant part in achieving this vision working as part of our small, friendly and dynamic Supporter Engagement Team. As Marketing Coordinator you will focus on new and low to medium-value donors – helping to raise awareness in the UK church of Wycliffe’s work through crafting appeals, direct mailing and online campaigns, and representing Wycliffe at conferences and exhibitions.
Aims of the role
The Supporter Engagement team is responsible for communications and fundraising for Wycliffe Bible Translators in the UK. The position of Marketing Coordinator is a new role, created to assist the team in reaching its ambitious fundraising targets.
The Marketing Coordinator will assist the Director for Supporter Engagement by focusing on new and low to medium-value donor development from the Saunderton office as well as at exhibitions and conferences.
In order to achieve the aims of the role, the Marketing Coordinator will engage proactively with prospective and current donors in a variety of settings, developing their willingness to be part of Wycliffe’s vision for Bible translation around the world.
Reports to: Director for Supporter Engagement
Location: The Clare Charity Centre, Saunderton, High Wycombe Key Tasks
The Marketing Coordinator will:
- Organise direct mail campaigns, with parallel online campaigns, designed to reach new supporters.
- Create and deliver appeals three times a year.
- Design, organise, set-up and attend exhibitions and conferences, presenting Wycliffe’s work to potential supporters.
- Work in coordination with the Key Supporter Liaison Officer to ensure that donors experience a smooth transition between Wycliffe’s contacts.
- Provide personalised communication and acknowledgement of gifts received.
- Maintain accurate database records.
- Participate in team meetings and office prayer meetings, and in wider staff meetings as appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent administrative skills, with attention to detail.
- Clear, friendly telephone manner.
- IT literate, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- High degree of personal organisation and self-management, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- UK Driving licence and willingness to spend time away attending conferences.
- Relevant experience in a marketing role.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of Salesforce or other client-relationship management databases, including running database queries and campaign analytics.
- Passionate about Wycliffe’s vision and goals, and personally committed to cross-cultural mission.
- Able to work well with others as part of a small team.
- Able to take appropriate initiative.
- Trustworthy and honest.
It is an Occupational Requirement that the post holder be a committed Christian who assents to Wycliffe’s Statement of Faith.
Applicants must be able to prove that they have the legal right to work in the UK.
Normal office hours are 9 am – 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch. Some evening and weekend work will be required, for which time in lieu will be given.
Full time employees are entitled to 33 days’ annual leave, to include public holidays and the office closure between Christmas and New Year.
£27,000 - £30,000
Term of Appointment
This is a permanent post with a probationary period of six months.