Head of Business Development
Harris Hill are recruiting a Head of Business Development on behalf of a national charity that provides young people from disadvantaged backgrounds with life skills and opportunities to impact their community.
Based in London this organisation run a flagship programme across the country which give young people the opportunity to work with and support toddlers in giving them life skills and accredited qualification.
- Develop and implement a long-term business development strategy as part of an overall commercial plan to meet the income needs of the organisation's five-year strategic vision
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of first class business development processes and protocols to ensure all bid submissions are developed and submitted effectively, accurately and within agreed timeframes
- Develop commercially astute, operationally viable delivery models that meet funders requirements and charitable aims
- Develop high quality, compelling, relevant and well written bids and tenders that align with funders requirements and charities core objectives
- Cultivate, manage and build existing relationships, developing warm prospects into meaningful partners and supporters
Experience & skills
- A track record of successful Business Development, including generating circa 1m per annum
- Experience of drafting Business Development strategies to maintain existing relationships and secure new business
- Broad knowledge/experience of the range of a wide range of relevant statutory funding available
- Excellent communications skills written and oral
- Excellent numeracy and budgeting skills, with the ability to develop commercially robust proposals
- Persuasive and creative good at networking and presenting
- Self starter, can start work with little supervision and work well on own or as part of a team