7 days left
- Contract Type
The Arts Society Treasurer is responsible to the Chairman. The purpose of the post is to give appropriate financial guidance to all elements of The Arts Society and to be a cornerstone of the Trustee Board.
- To Chair the Audit Committee and Investment Committee.
- To join the NEL and TOURS Boards as a director.
- To advise and support the Chief Executive and Finance & Resources Director.
- To monitor the financial performance of the group and discuss the financial position with Trustees.
- To advise the Trustee Board on the development of appropriate financial policies or strategies.
- To explain The Arts Society finances to the membership.
- To liaise closely with the Chief Executive, Finance & Resources Director (and occasionally other internal stakeholders) on all matters of budgetary control.
Skills and experience:
- Recognised senior commercial/ financial experience at a high level but not necessarily with a financial qualification.
- Good written and oral presentation skills, particularly the ability to present to a large audience
- Recent experience of the business world in the UK and/ or abroad.
- Experience of the not-for-profit sector.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels and to explain complex issues to non-experts.
- Tact and discretion.
- Sound judgement and ethical values relevant to the charity.
- Energy and good humour.
- Visits to London for Trustee Board, NEL & Tours Boards, Advisory Council, Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee and Investment Committee meetings. Also for budget reviews and ad-hoc visits to the Finance Department.
- Travel to occasional Area Meetings.
- Email communication and review of documents at home.
- Four to five days a month, including attendance at meetings.
- To be a leading member of the Trustee Board, the Boards of the trading subsidiaries and the Remuneration Committee and to attend the Advisory Council and other appropriate National meetings. When requested, to give reports on financial matters to other elements of The Arts Society.
- To chair the Audit Committee and Investment Committee.
- To monitor the management accounts and related information.
- To review the annual budget process.
- To act as one of the official signatories.
- To present the Report and Accounts to members at each AGM.
- To visit Area meetings and similar Area events on occasion.
- To liaise with external audit partner if necessary.
- To ensure that the charity develops and updates appropriate policies for investment, reserves and other financial and regulatory matters.
Apply for Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly