Senior Major Gifts Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
Evelina London Children’s Hospital is a centre of excellence for the diagnosis and management of congenital conditions in babies, even in the womb. Evelina not only cares for local families but also provides an extensive range of specialist services for children with rare and complex conditions from across south London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Located at St Thomas’ Hospital alongside one of the largest maternity units in the UK, it is the only hospital in London to offer a highly specialised children’s service and women’s service on one site. Patients can be born, diagnosed and receive the specialist care they need in the same hospital as their mother receives her care. No other children’s hospital in the UK can offer a seamless journey of care from pre-birth, through childhood, and into adult services, for complex cases as well as Evelina London.
Sited alongside one of the country’s leading acute adult NHS hospitals, Evelina London’s academic partner is the world’s top 20 university, King’s College London.
Together we are a formidable pairing, treating and finding new treatments for children with common and rare diseases.
This senior position will see our successful candidate utilise their significant fundraising experience and outstanding communication abilities to inspire wealthy philanthropists to donate substantial funds to help children with significant healthcare needs. Donations raised will enable Evelina London Children’s Hospital, in collaboration with King’s College London, to undertake dynamic research and deliver ground breaking and lifesaving patient care to children and young people, from pre-natal through childhood.
Having successfully completed a £10m appeal, the charity will be launching a £60m appeal, and this new role, reporting to the Associate Head of Major Gifts at King’s College London, provides the opportunity to secure gifts of up to and over £1m. As part of a team of three fundraisers for the Evelina, you will be based in the King’s College London Major Gifts team, and benefit from the wider support of King’s College London.
About our work:
- We are home to the Centre for the Developing Brain, which leads pioneering research to understand brain development in newborn babies
- Staff at Evelina London carried out the world’s first MRI-guided children’s heart valve procedure
- Our surgeons pioneered surgery for hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Our neonatal unit cares for around 900 babies a year, and has some of the best survival rates in the UK
- We provide around one in five of the UK’s kidney transplants in children
- Two new operating theatres are helping us reduce waiting times for surgery
- With colleagues at King’s College Hospital, we have established the UK’s only multi-disciplinary MSc course in child health
If you would like to chat through this role, please don’t hesitate to contact Charlotte Wilmot, Director, Eardley Wilmot, 01225 852465, email@example.com.
The deadline for this position is rolling, and we are considering applications as we receive them. To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Senior Major Gifts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly