6 days left
- Contract Type
About the Ethical Property Foundation
The Ethical Property Foundation is a socially enterprising charity committed to working with others to improve the environmental and social performance of buildings. Our vision is of a world where the use of buildings help people, the community and the planet. In February 2015, we became the sole supplier to the Charity Commission for charities requiring advice on property and land issues.
The Foundation earns its own income via commissioned advice and is also funded by a range of charitable trusts. This enables us to offer free advice to smaller charities and community groups. We work closely with our Register of 40 property professionals who are committed to the non-profit sector and offer pro bono and discounted advice.
Alongside our property advice work, the Foundation also engages with the mainstream commercial property sector to promote ethical workplace management. The fairplace Award® recognises and celebrates good practice in the management of buildings - with people and the environment in mind.
For more information, please see our website: www.ethicalproperty.org.uk and www.fairlaceaward.com.
We are looking for a Treasurer to play an active role on our Board of Trustees, work with the the Ethical Property Foundation, and provide support to our Finance Manager.
This role is on a voluntary basis and our Board of 6 trustees meet quarterly in London, as well as once a year for our AGM. We ask our trustees to be ambassadors for our work and to occasionally attend other events. The role of a Trustee is an extremely important one and as a member of our Board you will have responsibility for the overall direction, vision and strategy of the Ethical Property Foundation, working with and providing support to the full time CEO. You will be prepared to assist our organisation in taking on any future challenges and play a key role in our success.
As well as bringing innovative ideas, enthusiasm for our values and excellent judgement to help determine our objectives, the Treasurer oversee the financial matters of the Charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements. The Treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the Charity.
We are particularly interested in people who bring proven experience of charity finance, an understanding of fundraising and grant-making.
The main responsibilities and duties of the Treasurer are outlined below.
- To oversee, and present budgets, accounts, management accounts and financial statements to the Board.
- To ensure that proper accounts and records are kept, ensuring financial resources are spent and invested in line with Charity policy, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Implementing and monitoring specific financial controls and systems are in place accordingly and adhered to.
- To be instrumental in the development and implementation of financial, reserves and investment policies.
- Liaising with the auditors or independent examiner, where appropriate.
- Monitoring and advising on the financial viability of the Charity after liaising with the auditors.
- Creating sound financial instruments for the control of Charity assets.
- Advising on the financial implications of the strategic or business plan.
- Acting as a counter-signatory on cheques (including any electronic transactions) where agreed and any applications for funds.
- Maintaining sound financial management of the Charity resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the charity’s objects.
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation.
- The person appointed to the role of Treasurer will have:
- Demonstrable experience of managing charity finance.
- Ability to oversee the bookkeeping role identifying any issues or problems.
- Ability to read and analyse accounts and financial forecasts and advise the Board on these.
- A commitment to the role of Treasurer and be able to commit adequate time to fulfilling the responsibilities of the role.
For an informal phone discussion, call Antonia Swinson on 020 3189 0177
Please contact Antonia Swinson (CEO) email@example.com
References are required
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Apply for Trustee, Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly